Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Lid missing from tank?

Ethicleen Ltd

Hi all,

Firstly, hello to everyone on the forum. I have been lurking in the shadows whilst setting up my buisness and want to thank everyone for their input and comments. It has really helped!

I purchased a 350l pro lite water genie tank from the cleaning warehouse however they forgot to include the lid for the tank (they are sending out a replacement as we speak). I have set the system up as I was curious to see it working. however when I try to run the system I am getting no pressure (ps). I have been through all the troubleshoots but still nothing and the pump is shutting off. I was wondering if having no lid on the tank would cause this? Apologies if this is a stupid question but I am new to WFP. 

Cheers,

Adam

Hi all,

Firstly, hello to everyone on the forum. I have been lurking in the shadows whilst setting up my buisness and want to thank everyone for their input and comments. It has really helped!

I purchased a 350l pro lite water genie tank from the cleaning warehouse however they forgot to include the lid for the tank (they are sending out a replacement as we speak). I have set the system up as I was curious to see it working. however when I try to run the system I am getting no pressure (ps). I have been through all the troubleshoots but still nothing and the pump is shutting off. I was wondering if having no lid on the tank would cause this? Apologies if this is a stupid question but I am new to WFP. 

Cheers,

Adam
Good evening Adam and welcome 

If you are not getting water out then there's an issue. 

Have you installed the system yourself or has it been done professionally 

The lid will make no difference to the operation of the system, it just stops your neck getting wet when you brake hard.

Is the pump installed correctly with water going in the pump input and not output 

Do you have a 100mm hose reel connected ? 

If so have you unreeled all the hose to ensure there are no kinks or restrictions in it.

Are you sure you don't have a shut off ball valve in the tanks output? 

Is there any debris in the tank IE plastic from manufacturing that's fowling the output.

Have a great evening 

Austin 

Sounds like it could be air in the new system , or possibly it needs calibrating , just a thought is there a tap on the tank outlet that’s shut ?... 

If controller is flashing ps means it’s not connected to the pump. If you can hear the pump clicking in you need to calibrate it here is a video 

Just sounds like a lack of water, as @Pjj said, tap shut or an air lock. Even if it is the tap you've probably generated an air lock. Check the tap is open then disconnect the out hose from the pump and turn up to full flow. If it is an air lock this will resolve it, if it doesn't start looking elsewhere

Cheers for the replies guys...

Just been out to the van and I found a kink inside the bottom of my pole which was stopping water flowing through and causing the pump to switch off. God knows how it got there! Straightened it all out and water is flowing out quickly.

Phew!

Oh, and yes. There was a tap turned shut as well! ?‍♂️

Just been out to the van and I found a kink inside the bottom of my pole which was stopping water flowing through and causing the pump to switch off. God knows how it got there! Straightened it all out and water is flowing out quickly.

Phew!

When you have some time, spend a good hour and familiarise yourself with all the components that make up your system.

Get to know and understand your controller and its warnings and features 

Check your hose and tubing regularly for kinks wear and damage 

Understand your battery and charging system 

Pole maintenance also 

All of the above will help you when issues appear and won't lose you work or create down time when your not getting paid 

Last edited by a moderator:

Phew!

Lol it’s easy done ???

Back