Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Brand new, slight issue...

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Aaron1204

Hi everyone, 

I'm Aaron, I live in Berkshire and I'm currently a dog walker. 

I've thought about window cleaning before and as alot of my clients are home, work is getting a bit thin on the ground so now is the time for me to start. 

I have bought the following equipment

Gardiner Backpack

Gardiner CLX 18 pole

Filter with resin

TDS Meter.

I ran the water through the filter, and washed the windows at the back of my house. All went well, but as its drying I can see slight watermarks left behind. Obviously this is exactly what I didnt want to see!

I tested the water prior to washing, and it registered 0ppm. I then tested tap water and it was 306ppm so the meter seems to be fine. 

Do you think that as the kit is so new, and its the first time putting water through it, that its picked something up on the hose which is what is leaving the water marks?

Any advice?

Looking forward to getting started. 

On first cleans I have adopted a new method. I clean all the windows and doors and once finished I do them all over again and only use hot Pure water from start to finish. The reason I do this is because I don't get complaints about vents dripping dirt nor streaks on the glass, it works for me. ?

Hi everyone, 

I've thought about window cleaning before and as alot of my clients are home, work is getting a bit thin on the ground so now is the time for me to start. 

Gardiner Backpack

Gardiner CLX 18 pole

Filter with resin

TDS Meter.

I ran the water through the filter, and washed the windows at the back of my house. All went well, but as its drying I can see slight watermarks left behind. Obviously this is exactly what I didnt want to see!

I tested the water prior to washing, and it registered 0ppm. I then tested tap water and it was 306ppm so the meter seems to be fine. 

Do you think that as the kit is so new, and its the first time putting water through it, that its picked something up on the hose which is what is leaving the water marks?

Any advice?

At 306tds that resin will be spent very soon!you need an RO if your gonna make a go of it or a spotless water station...

On topic wfp looks easy enough doesn't it?the truth is it takes a good few months to get consistently good results on various different types of windows....the spots could be because of various different things...not rinsing enough,drips from dodgy rubber seals,vents,etc.....

Hi everyone, 

Gardiner Backpack

Gardiner CLX 18 pole

Filter with resin

TDS Meter.

Any advice?

Do you not have an RO system? As your tap water is 306pmm and on the harder side

On first cleans I have adopted a new method. I clean all the windows and doors and once finished I do them all over again and only use hot Pure water from start to finish. The reason I do this is because I don't get complaints about vents dripping dirt nor streaks on the glass, it works for me. ?
I do this too, go round everything twice to make sure the first cleans a good un.

Latest Posts

Back