Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Is the controller supposed to dead end with a Univalve?

wonderer99

Hey guys, sorry for what is potentially a stoopid question but......

After my pump finally giving up the ghost I bought a shiny new Shurflo pump and Flowmaster controller from Pure Freedom. So the water is flowing through fine but I cant get rid of the DE on the controller. When the water is flowing it is fine but when I shut it off with the Univalve the DE comes straight up. Obviously the awfully light instructions with the kit do nit mention a Univalve and although I have read/watched relevant material I am still unsure as to whether the DE being displayed when the water is not running is what is actually supposed to happen or not? 

If so, is the pump not at risk showing as dead ended a lot of the time? Is it OK to leave it that way for extended periods without having to turn the controller and pump on and off at every job? 

Thanks guys, any help is most apreciated.

Hey guys, sorry for what is potentially a stoopid question but......

After my pump finally giving up the ghost I bought a shiny new Shurflo pump and Flowmaster controller from Pure Freedom. So the water is flowing through fine but I cant get rid of the DE on the controller. When the water is flowing it is fine but when I shut it off with the Univalve the DE comes straight up. Obviously the awfully light instructions with the kit do nit mention a Univalve and although I have read/watched relevant material I am still unsure as to whether the DE being displayed when the water is not running is what is actually supposed to happen or not? 

If so, is the pump not at risk showing as dead ended a lot of the time? Is it OK to leave it that way for extended periods without having to turn the controller and pump on and off at every job? 

Thanks guys, any help is most apreciated.
You'll need to calibrate your controller, here's a great video to understand Dead End Detection 

3 minutes ago, Apw1210 said:

You'll need to calibrate your controller, here's a great video to understand Dead End Detection 

Hey, cheers. Yes i have already callibrated it a number of times but it still comes up with DE when shut off so not sure if it's meant to show that or whether I need to adjust the dead end sensitivity so it doesn't come up? 

Hey, cheers. Yes i have already callibrated it a number of times but it still comes up with DE when shut off so not sure if it's meant to show that or whether I need to adjust the dead end sensitivity so it doesn't come up? 
Have you ensured that all of your hose from your reel is unwond and kink free.

Ideally an empty carpark or area suitable to have your hose all out is best ? 

Have you ensured that all of your hose from your reel is unwond and kink free.

Ideally an empty carpark or area suitable to have your hose all out is best ? 
Also have you any checked your system for air locks as water cavitation will cause de faults. Check your hose reel, feed pipes to the pump and fittings

When the water is flowing it is fine but when I shut it off with the Univalve the DE comes straight up.
As long as it's calibrated then shutting off the univavle should show DE as the pipe is dead ended i.e shut off. In daves vid you can see it flashes between DE and his flow rate (60). Is that what yours is doing after calibration?

As long as it's calibrated then shutting off the univavle should show DE as the pipe is dead ended i.e shut off. In daves vid you can see it flashes between DE and his flow rate (60). Is that what yours is doing after calibration?
Cheers bud. Yes essentially that was all I was wondering, whether it SHOULD show DE when the unilvalve shuts off the flow? 

A lot of stuff online showing how to "fix" DE so I was confused. 

Cheers bud. Yes essentially that was all I was wondering, whether it SHOULD show DE when the unilvalve shuts off the flow? 

A lot of stuff online showing how to "fix" DE so I was confused. 
If it’s only DE when you have the univalve closed your fine. As long as flow and pump starts again when you open the univalve. 

Back