Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Sad Times..........

Viggers

Sad Times, Gardiner Sill brush medium mixed bristle to be discontinued. I can think of a few other brushes they make to be culled but not this one. Anyone who uses them knows how good it is. Stocked up on 3 this morning. 

Sad Times, Gardiner Sill brush medium mixed bristle to be discontinued. I can think of a few other brushes they make to be culled but not this one. Anyone who uses them knows how good it is. Stocked up on 3 this morning. 
I dont buy many brushes, only got 3 these past 3 years and that was my recent one. I only got it as I'd read on here a few use it as their only brush, for everything. 

Its a cracking all round brush, good scrubbing power, more importantly cleans upstairs sills properly, flicks out spider balls with its long bristles, turns upside down nicely to clean **** out underneith patio doors. Great at conny roofs, gutters, fascias etc. Really have no idea why Alex is chopping its production.

Its a cracking all round brush, good scrubbing power, more importantly cleans upstairs sills properly, flicks out spider balls with its long bristles, turns upside down nicely to clean **** out underneith patio doors. Great at conny roofs, gutters, fascias etc. Really have no idea why Alex is chopping its production.
looking at the range, I guess the nearest instead will be either the universal sill brush flocked, or the extreme sill brush flocked. Anyone know if they perform the same as the medium mixed sill? Dont know about flocked, what that is and thought any soft brush might be not enough scrub power.

Wow I love this brush. I have tried a few and always go back to this one. Obviously not everyone feels the same. Will have to look at an alternative.

Probably because it's too heavy....when you ve been WFP for over 10 years and fast approaching 50 years of age you ll want something lighter.....when you get used to the lighter brushes you just cant go back to the heavier brushes.....they feel like a brick on the end of your pole and you wonder how on earth you used to use them all day every day!

I have all the other gardiner brushes, the universals flocked and medium mixed, got the flocked and medium mixed extreme will brushes. Unfortunately they are not as good as the Medium Mixed sill brush. Lighter yes but no where near as good. Probably loads will disagree. I would class the xline sill brush as a brick but not the gardiner sill brush its not that heavy.

do you guys who use the heavier brushes not have lots of awkward windows over connys/extensions/3 storey/skylights,etc to clean every month/2 months?i have literally hundreds of them.....their so much easier to clean with a lighter brush......

Yeah loads of awkward windows, 3 storey houses, ones set back miles which have to be cleaned off top of big step ladders etc.  3 storey velux windows etc etc. To be honest ive been in the saddle wfp for just over 13 years now and i used to clean with the vikan sill brush then moved onto the vikan oval. No brush is as heavy as the vikan sill brush used to be, but crikey did it clean absolutely awesome brush lasted forever.

Yeah loads of awkward windows, 3 storey houses, ones set back miles which have to be cleaned off top of big step ladders etc.  3 storey velux windows etc etc. To be honest ive been in the saddle wfp for just over 13 years now and i used to clean with the vikan sill brush then moved onto the vikan oval. No brush is as heavy as the vikan sill brush used to be, but crikey did it clean absolutely awesome brush lasted forever.
All these can be cleaned much easier with an xtreme pole and brush.....just as fast as the heavier brushes but without the added strain 

All these can be cleaned much easier with an xtreme pole and brush.....just as fast as the heavier brushes but without the added strain 
The Vikan sill brush had  awesome cleaning power much faster than modern brushes and they lasted 2-3  years totally indestructible , modern brushes are much better for being lighter but don’t last as long or have the scrubbing power of the  Vikan  sill brush , ime surprised that Vikan haven’t brought out a window cleaning brush range they are missing a trick .    

Last edited by a moderator:
The Vikan sill brush had  awesome cleaning power much faster than modern brushes and they lasted 2-3  years totally indestructible , modern brushes are much better for being lighter but don’t last as long or have the scrubbing power of the  Vikan  sill brush , ime surprised that Vikan haven’t brought out a window cleaning brush range they are missing a trick .    
ive used the vikan brushes too mate in the past but they really are too heavy to put on the end of an xtreme pole at full stretch over a conny!?

Where did you hear that mate? The website doesn't say anything about it. They are only compatible with the new jet capsules, it seems strange for them to make that switch only to discontinue it, especially as its a brush thats always out of stock, can't even keep up with current demand.

Ignore that. I was looking at the universal one, thats much better anyway ?

Nah on deep framed windows the universal is no good, just leaves dry smudge marks down either side where water doesnt get to sides properly done a office i normally do regularly used the universal never again had to re do it.

Back