Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Do you use a pad attachment ?

DeLaCruz

When i started out cleaning a couple years ago i purchased one of da components bronze wool pads. Also tried the gardiner scrubbers. Anyway havent used either very much after trialing them. I found them a but heavy and also restrictive to get into tight spots. Curious on some feeedback which members use one as standard, and which go without - maybe i'm not well enough versed in the technique of using them (i tend to scrub off tough stains using my brush corner). 

When i started out cleaning a couple years ago i purchased one of da components bronze wool pads. Also tried the gardiner scrubbers. Anyway havent used either very much after trialing them. I found them a but heavy and also restrictive to get into tight spots. Curious on some feeedback which members use one as standard, and which go without - maybe i'm not well enough versed in the technique of using them (i tend to scrub off tough stains using my brush corner). 
If you are using just the corner of the brush there is a high chance of scratching the glass.

I did a first clean on a dance studio for a custy of mine that she has just opened, they hadn't been cleaned in ages and there was dried on egg on one of the windows, wish I had my da pad with me I had to use a thick wad of bronze wool over the corner of my brush took about 5-10 minutes to shift it was a ground floor window just a bit higher up and I didn't have my telescopic ladder with me. 

If you are using just the corner of the brush there is a high chance of scratching the glass.

I did a first clean on a dance studio for a custy of mine that she has just opened, they hadn't been cleaned in ages and there was dried on egg on one of the windows, wish I had my da pad with me I had to use a thick wad of bronze wool over the corner of my brush took about 5-10 minutes to shift it was a ground floor window just a bit higher up and I didn't have my telescopic ladder with me. 
would be ideal if you could just clip them on - unscrewing and adding with my exceed hoseless setup is a bit awkward

would be ideal if you could just clip them on - unscrewing and adding with my exceed hoseless setup is a bit awkward
I agree the pads and scraper attachments simply aren't practical to have on all the time as they get in the way and hinder been able to clean all windows especially windows very close to soffits over extensions and so on. 

I use the quick-loq water fed pad that Gardiner's sell. Just swap it out for the brush when needed. Found it brilliant for cleaning black mould off uPVC frames and also on some stubborn marks on glass. Great on minging first cleans.

I use the quick-loq water fed pad that Gardiner's sell. Just swap it out for the brush when needed. Found it brilliant for cleaning black mould off uPVC frames and also on some stubborn marks on glass. Great on minging first cleans.
I got one of these recently, not used yet. Also thought might be good on conny roofs

I got one of these recently, not used yet. Also thought might be good on conny roofs
I've used it a lot on the polycarbonate roofs and found it excellent. Bought another three pads recently. Use it with fan jets.

Yeah may grab one of these for when the going gets tough 

Back