Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Window work , leigh lancs

Monthly turnover 300 x 4 = £1200 ?‍♂️
round here work goes for min 10 times 
Yes I see what you are saying but most work is monthly not 2 weekly and charging double the price because of that seams very steep to me  work might be advertised at 10x the price but very much doubt it’s sold for that  , I have been in this game many years and don’t  know of work ever bought for  that kind of money , I have sold a lot of very lucrative and compact work  over the years and generally it’s bought for 4x the price . Good luck with the sale 

Yes I see what you are saying but most work is monthly not 2 weekly and charging double the price because of that seams very steep to me  work might be advertised at 10x the price but very much doubt it’s sold for that  , I have been in this game many years and don’t  know of work ever bought for  that kind of money , I have sold a lot of very lucrative and compact work  over the years and generally it’s bought for 4x the price . Good luck with the sale 
Work mainly fortnightly round here (Leigh /Wigan ) . I’ve know local work go for 18 times (vary rarely I might add) thanks for the  good luck msg ??

Work mainly fortnightly round here (Leigh /Wigan ) . I’ve know local work go for 18 times (vary rarely I might add) thanks for the  good luck msg ??
Lol that’s crazy , maybe I should sell all my work and retire at that price I would be a multi millionaire ??? @Part Timer was right 

I agree with you it's the value of the jobs no matter how many times they get cleaned, that is how it has always being, if it's a 10 jobs @ £10 which is £100 then they should be sold at lets say 4x that so £400 not I clean them twice a month so I want £800 it would be like you or me trying to sell our business on the annual turnover x4 to x10 if that was the case all of us could retire now ?

I agree with you it's the value of the jobs no matter how many times they get cleaned, that is how it has always being, if it's a 10 jobs @ £10 which is £100 then they should be sold at lets say 4x that so £400 not I clean them twice a month so I want £800 it would be like you or me trying to sell our business on the annual turnover x4 to x10 if that was the case all of us could retire now ?
So if he was selling £300 worth of work that is done 3 monthly he could still charge £1200? Work, as far as I've ever seen, is sold on a multiple of monthly value and never sold as unit value. At the end of the day he's selling £300 a month of work.

So if he was selling £300 worth of work that is done 3 monthly he could still charge £1200? Work, as far as I've ever seen, is sold on a multiple of monthly value and never sold as unit value. At the end of the day he's selling £300 a month of work.
The problem with fortnightly work is if you lose a single customer that's the same as losing 2 monthly customers. So paying the same as you would for monthly cleans might be more risky. 

The problem with fortnightly work is if you lose a single customer that's the same as losing 2 monthly customers. So paying the same as you would for monthly cleans might be more risky. 
I'm not denying that but if you have someone selling a round which has 4 weekly, 6 weekly, 8 weekly and 12 weekly the price is always worked out against the 4 weekly rate. Buying any work is risky but he is selling at 4 x monthly which is relatively cheap nowadays, you regularly see prices of 8-10 times monthly turnover.

Yes mate, in over 20 years I have never heard or known it to be sold any other way than unit value.

Fortnightly work is pretty much standard at 10x cleans. 4 weekly s go for 5x and so on. Simple maths really. You should always base your selling price on turnover figures and not single price units as there are different frequency’s to factor in which can’t be charged at the same rates as the lower frequency’s will make you more money on less time. Obviously those figures are based on it all being good work. 

Your right there but it also goes the other way around were as gaining one fortnightly is like gaining two monthly’s so it’s swings and roundabouts and no problem at all really. 

Back