Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

500 ltrs per day on WATER METER

Chad Lewis

Hi, we have a water meter installed unfortunately. I use 500 ltrs a day, but i fill up at my brothers 10 miles away from my home which is a inconvenience!

So would it be worth filling up at home.

Does anyone know how much extra our water bill would be per month ROUGHLY. We live in the west midlands

Thanks in advance,

Chad 

If you look at your water bill you should see a per cubic meter charge for water and a waste water charge. 1 cubic meter is 1000 liters. Unless you speak to water company your waste will be charged based on consumption. Also it depends on if you use ro as for 500lts a day you will have over 500lts of waste. 

Hi, we have a water meter installed unfortunately. I use 500 ltrs a day, but i fill up at my brothers 10 miles away from my home which is a inconvenience!

Does anyone know how much extra our water bill would be per month ROUGHLY. We live in the west midlands

Thanks in advance,

Chad 
I'm on a water meter but don't use an RO, I use around a ton every two days however the price of window cleaning offsets the usage production cost 

Check your local area water suppliers website and as @ched999uksays you'll see the cost breakdown per cubic meter etc 

Thanks in advance,

Chad 
Its common I think to have double the waste that you have pure, so if you get 500 litres a day x 5, thats 2500 pure, waste would be 5000, so 7500. Havent got my bill to hand but I think roughly £3 per 1000 litres was their charge? so could be £20 a week or so added to your normal bill, or £80 odd a month. Some get this reduced considerably by the waste not going down the drain and informing the water company/using a meter to record this? Others know more on this, I dont bother as not a big user but I may do in future.

my water is about a thousand pounds a year, so not too bad really, 20 pounds a week. I get a discount for the pure not going down the drain (the waste goes down the drain)

I don't use as much water as you though.. so yours would be more.

Last edited by a moderator:
my water is about a thousand pounds a year, so not too bad really, 20 pounds a week. I get a discount for the pure not going down the drain (the waste goes down the drain)

I don't use as much water as you though.. so yours would be more.
How did you go about getting discount?

My water bill is around £700 a year on a water meter and i use around 400-500L a day...I'm DI only so no waste water...I claim £30 a month for water expenses 

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks in advance,

Chad 
I use around the same as you. My TDS is around 260-300ppm. I use a 4040 RO running around 50/50. My metered water is around £60 per Calendar month.  Obviously there are a lot of variations but it’s not too drastic as it’s all a business expense. I also have a large rainwater harvesting system though (4000litres) so have that as a back up. I haven’t bothered with trying to claim the sewerage charge yet as it can only be done on a 6 monthly basis. Looking at my water bill and the fees associated with it I get the impression it’s not a lot anyway!!! 

Back