Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Reel Hose to Pole Hose Connector Recommendations - Hoseless Setup

Master Jedi Alejandro

Premium Member
Afternoon all. 
Looking for recommendations for connecting 8mm reel hose to 6mm pole hose. I currently use a brass reducer however overtime the hose around it has become weak and pulls off, even with a clip. Also, the clip itself gets caught on van doors, walls etc. I’ll attach a photo below. 

Look if anyone has any other ideas. I did have Exceed’s Slickconnect on my last reel however the plastic hosing quickly snapped off and it started getting jammed. I also found it leaked, despite changing every part of it. 

Rectus fittings won’t work as when pulled along the ground the pop off. Happy with a permanent connection as I don’t take the pole hose off the reel hose. 

Thanks!

B8BAF439-729F-44E8-AF43-5220F4B4FB7C.jpeg

Afternoon all. 
Looking for recommendations for connecting 8mm reel hose to 6mm pole hose. I currently use a brass reducer however overtime the hose around it has become weak and pulls off, even with a clip. Also, the clip itself gets caught on van doors, walls etc. I’ll attach a photo below. 

Look if anyone has any other ideas. I did have Exceed’s Slickconnect on my last reel however the plastic hosing quickly snapped off and it started getting jammed. I also found it leaked, despite changing every part of it. 

Rectus fittings won’t work as when pulled along the ground the pop off. Happy with a permanent connection as I don’t take the pole hose off the reel hose. 

Thanks!

View attachment 22189
Use a rectus and the rainbow ? balls to keep it of the ground

Afternoon all. 

Thanks!

View attachment 22189
I think @Den use to use some sort of moldable plastic over joints

If you know someone with a 3d printer I am sure they could make you something in abs similar shape to slick connect just to cover the brass barb. 

What you could use is a joiner like you have but instead of o clips, use glue lined heat shrink tubing (on eBay) and cover the whole thing a few inches in either direction. Once heated and shrunk down it should be pretty wear resistant and shouldn't get caught on things easily. 

Afternoon all. 

Thanks!

View attachment 22189
Look on EBay for polymorph plastic been using it for a couple of years very simple to use moulds over the joins and ‘o’  clips stops 90% of snags and lasts for ages won’t be without it. Can’t seem to find the photos may have deleted them? Search on here for my old thread using polymorph as the key search word. 

That's a lot of ideas, knew you guys would have a solution! 

@PDixon cvs Thanks, I was thinking of using rainbow balls but I'm not sure if there is enough clearance on the reel for them.

@ched999uk I do not but I've been looking for a excuse to get one! This mean I can claim it as a business expensive also? ?

@Skxawng Thanks mate. I've ordered the polymorph plastic but if I can't get them to work I'll give the shirk tube a go!

@Den Thanks for linking us, I've ordered some from eBay. Seems like interesting stuff, says you can mould it into whatever shape you want! How long do you find it lasts until you need to redo it?

@Pjj I will try double clipping it when I put the polymorph plastic on it!

@Part Timer Thanks for linking in Den for us! ?

@ched999uk I do not but I've been looking for a excuse to get one! This mean I can claim it as a business expensive also? ?
That's a good point, I must have forgotten to put that through the accounts!!! Stupid me. Just about to order an upgrade to be able to print tpu (flexible filament) for my Ender3 printer. That and some different filament will be my christmas present - gives me something to do ? 

I did very similar to what Pjj has done. It looks exactly the same when done. I thought it was a photo of my kit at first, dragged back from the forum archives. Only slight difference is not visible as it's inside the two hoses. What I did was, use a double ended brass 8mm male spigot (I don't know the technical term). I put a little Gorilla Glue on the ribs on each side. Heated both pipes in water, having made sure I had slid two clips on each, pushed the pipes on and tightened the clips quickly while the pipes were soft.

Been fitted for a year or two with no issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a lot of ideas, knew you guys would have a solution! 

@PDixon cvs Thanks, I was thinking of using rainbow balls but I'm not sure if there is enough clearance on the reel for them.

@Skxawng Thanks mate. I've ordered the polymorph plastic but if I can't get them to work I'll give the shirk tube a go!

@Den Thanks for linking us, I've ordered some from eBay. Seems like interesting stuff, says you can mould it into whatever shape you want! How long do you find it lasts until you need to redo it?

@Pjj I will try double clipping it when I put the polymorph plastic on it!

@Part Timer Thanks for linking in Den for us! ?
It’s like granules you put it in hot water goes turns into a clear jelly like substance you can mould and when it’s cools it turns white.

lasts approx 12 months then wears onthe ears of the o clips just put it into hot water again take off the old stuff it’s still reusable add a little more granules and remould around the joint, never have a leak and also reduces snags considerably. Have been using it for years two reel setup £5 a bag and still got half a bag left. 

That's a good point, I must have forgotten to put that through the accounts!!! Stupid me. Just about to order an upgrade to be able to print tpu (flexible filament) for my Ender3 printer. That and some different filament will be my christmas present - gives me something to do ? 
Do you find the quite useful then? They've always intrigued me, but worried I would buy one and just find it gimmicky!  

Afternoon all. 

Thanks!

View attachment 22189
Just some Gorrilia Tape around the Rectus. It wont break apart again.

Do you find the quite useful then? They've always intrigued me, but worried I would buy one and just find it gimmicky!  
To be honest it's not that useful but I love tecy stuff. I fly racing quadcopters so print bits for them. It also depends on if you are any good or can learn cad design unless you are going to only print stuff on Thingiverse etc. Basically you need to learn to 3d design things, then convert them to the correct format (slice the design) then print. I would say watch some youtube vids on say an Ender 3 printer (like Teaching Tech or CHEP). 

I have an electronics engineering background plus lots of mechanical eng and programming knowledge. So I can design most things I want to make. 

Don't think these things are plug and play as they take a fair bit of tweeking to get them to print well. Then there are different filaments as some are stronger, more flexible etc they all need tweeks. Think of it as It's more of a hobby and something to tinker with.

That said during the first lockdown the lever inside our toilet broke. I designed one and printed it in about an hour. Worked perfectly till things calmed down and I went to screwfix for a new one ?

At some point I am going to have a go at designing and printing a hoseless setup.

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s like granules you put it in hot water goes turns into a clear jelly like substance you can mould and when it’s cools it turns white.

lasts approx 12 months then wears onthe ears of the o clips just put it into hot water again take off the old stuff it’s still reusable add a little more granules and remould around the joint, never have a leak and also reduces snags considerably. Have been using it for years two reel setup £5 a bag and still got half a bag left. 
I know we talked about this a while ago , have you got a link or a trade name of the stuff you use please . 

I know we talked about this a while ago , have you got a link or a trade name of the stuff you use please . 
This is the stuff I bought was cheap as I knew it was going to be constantly dragged along the ground. Would have thought any brand would do the job.

image.jpg

Latest Posts

Back