Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Stainless or powder coated mild steel hose reel

WCF

Help Support WCF:

CMcB

Looking to get an electric hose reel. a couple of them come in either powder coated mild steel or a stainless steel version for a premium. I'm assuming that the only reason to go for stainless steel is it should last longer, anyone know if there is any real difference in this? 

Not had mine long enough to confirm it, but I would expect on the life of the Van/WFP setup, you wouldnt notice any difference unless you are keeping the reels for 15-20 years. Powder coat will be fine until its damaged (Scratched/cut etc) then water can get in behind and cause issues, apart from that its pretty sturdy stuff!

Depends on price difference. If you ever see photos of the back of peoples vans most times the manual hose reels are rusting on the bottom as the powder coating has worn away. OK so people do take manual reels in and out of van but stainless will last much longer and look better. Also an electric reel isn't cheap so I might be tempted to pay extra to have one that lasts longer and looks better ? 

Depends on price difference. If you ever see photos of the back of peoples vans most times the manual hose reels are rusting on the bottom as the powder coating has worn away. OK so people do take manual reels in and out of van but stainless will last much longer and look better. Also an electric reel isn't cheap so I might be tempted to pay extra to have one that lasts longer and looks better ? 
Thanks, I was thinking along the same lines as this, if I'm already paying for a decent reel I may as well spend a little more on one that should last longer

Looking to get an electric hose reel. a couple of them come in either powder coated mild steel or a stainless steel version for a premium. I'm assuming that the only reason to go for stainless steel is it should last longer, anyone know if there is any real difference in this? 
Spend the extra and go for stainless steel. Any powder coating will blow off in no time.

Top tip.

Do not cross contaminate Stainless Steel with rusty mild steel. It will also rot and stain 

Latest Posts

Back