Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

how do you install Van ports onto your van?

Mine are a different brand and where installed as part of my system but I’ll post a few photos tomorrow to give you a idea of how it goes ?

Edit: Also wouldn’t bother buying it with fittings, as your ‘fill’ should be a hozelock to make it easier to hook up to any water source. 

Last edited by a moderator:
https://windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk/products/facelift-van-ports

Is it possible to install van port yourself? I'm assuming I need to make few cuts inside or on the van door? Don't know how I can go about it
Check the underside of the van for a clear path that doesn't fowl the exhaust, spare wheel of suspension hangers.

Mark out the desired amount of holes you require for example 

Pole 1 

Pole 2 

Flush 

Fill 

In a straight uniform line preferably at the rear of the van behind the wheel arch and rear door bulkhead drill your holes. Me personally I have used 25mm compression glands as the seal the holes around tubing to prevent abrasion. 

I have ran all hoses from the vans RO Di system up and over the top frame of the vans inner supports neatly and down the rear box section exiting behind the tail lights and continue through the drilled holes exiting the van. I have label marked the hoses and used a non abrasive sheathing to protect the exposed hoses from road wear and debris from driving flicking up and damaging them.

Locate your stainless steel port plate onto the lower of rear bumper and secure with self tapping roof screws or m6 nuts and bolts.

Take apart your Hoselock style fittings and place the collar over the hose, place the Hoselock style through the port plate and press the hose into it and secure tightly with the collar and continue until all ports are in place.

Your van may differ and the installation i did was on an older style 10 plate transit 

Why do you want outside ports anyway?they can freeze up in winter .....also this means you have to take your reel out every time you move your van....an absolute waste of time and energy....its not the most efficient way to work IMO...but it's your working day so do what you think is best....

Why do you want outside ports anyway?they can freeze up in winter .....also this means you have to take your reel out every time you move your van....an absolute waste of time and energy....its not the most efficient way to work IMO...but it's your working day so do what you think is best....
I use the port for filling the van before work or while on the job, means the doors can be locked while it does so. I have a mounted electric reel but if I’m working in a area that isn’t the best, a manual reel can be used and allows me to lock the van doors behind me. Plenty of reason to have them.  

Some people do fit the port in the side of the van near the back, I have also seen them in a rear door. Personally I have never wanted to knock more holes in the van than I have to but that's just me.

Back