Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Black Friday & Ladder Purchase

If you need them now then buy them now is my advice. You might save a few pennies on a sale that might or might not happen, but using them now will start to earn their keep.

They might not be in stock in a months time.

Just a quick question. The other day I think you mentioned that you did a gfs clean and a downpipe elbow came lose and you needed ladders in case it happened on a custy?

If so, are those ladders you suggest the best option for repairing gutters. They are made for windys working off them to clean windows and resting on the frame with 3 points of contact! If you are intending to use for gutters and general higher access then 'normal trade ladders' might be better?

Just a quick question. The other day I think you mentioned that you did a gfs clean and a downpipe elbow came lose and you needed ladders in case it happened on a custy?

If so, are those ladders you suggest the best option for repairing gutters. They are made for windys working off them to clean windows and resting on the frame with 3 points of contact! If you are intending to use for gutters and general higher access then 'normal trade ladders' might be better?
Valid point and a timely reply. In all honesty it was an absolute pain in the ass using some cheap Aldi telescopic ladders trying to get up high enough (which they was about 6ft short) to reseat the downpipe.

I've since spoken to Ramsay Ladders and they suggested aiming for the normal trade ladders if I'm not intending to use them for window cleaning. 

To be fair it does make sense. Still feeling reluctant to pay 250 quid though plus 40ish for delivery ?

Valid point and a timely reply. In all honesty it was an absolute pain in the ass using some cheap Aldi telescopic ladders trying to get up high enough (which they was about 6ft short) to reseat the downpipe.

I've since spoken to Ramsay Ladders and they suggested aiming for the normal trade ladders if I'm not intending to use them for window cleaning. 

To be fair it does make sense. Still feeling reluctant to pay 250 quid though plus 40ish for delivery ?
I believe Ramsey windy ladders are very highly regarded but for trade ladders I'm haven't a clue. Might be worth asking for recommended brands of trade ladders here?

Also triples are shorter on the van but heavier. Then you are also looking at ladder mat, standoff, ladder mitts and a decent secure method to attach to roof rack. Not cheap but your safety is very important!!! Working off ladders should (in my opinion) be a last resort but if necessary then do it as safely as possible.

Spot on and safer, The only ladder work for me now is flat roof access. 

Personally wouldn't bother paying out for a standard set of ladders, you just need to be more careful in future, says me who sent one flying a few months ago ? but I managed with my 3.8m tele ladder and I am only 5ft but it was an easy fix and slotted back together very easily, 

maybe just buy a decent set of telescopic ladders like these https://www.screwfix.com/p/xtend-climb-aerospace-grade-aluminium-proseries-s2-telescopic-ladder-3-8m/673jj for the rare occasion you will need them, far easier to store in the van or at home when not in use.

Back