Tool recomendations for my Grippa vac Please

Diamond geezer

Did my 10th (roughly speaking) VAC job yeserday,hadnt been done fer about 30yrs custy said.Back was a bit of a vegy plot,front half of it ffuul of sand muck and moss.Ive got the extream v3 clamped poles(their cheapest pole),with a carbon adaptor,that goes in the top pole and an up and over goes on top of that,a back to back,plastick crevis,cut at an angle(now busted)and a reducer.I use the up and over whenever i can to gulp up the muck.That didnt work very well yesterday.it left a lot of damp dense muck on the sides as well as the bottom of the gutter,i wound up useing a pro-tool on a pole to finish the job.So i think i need some more effective toolsIWhat would you sugest please.Ive found using the back to back with a tool rather chalangeing as it wobbles this way and that,causing quite a strain on me,rather frustaiting.I think i need a dirt breaker to get right down into the gutter.ive seen the see through pipes,will the crevis one get every thing?They also have a carbon fibre goose neck,with a selection of plasic tools,or should i buy steel?I expect the c/f goose neck has more control.Or should i buy the silicone angle with a dirt breaker,that seems like a good idea,thinking about it,prob the cheapest option

PJ i think you have a grippa vac,am i right? is your silicone therfore attached to the carbon adaptor?one other query,your silicone angle is blue the grippa ones are black? thank you.

13 hours ago, Diamond geezer said:

PJ i think you have a grippa vac,am i right? is your silicone therfore attached to the carbon adaptor?one other query,your silicone angle is blue the grippa ones are black? thank you.

I have a sky vac interceptor and a Grippatank vac the poles in the picture are my old ones from carbon fibre tubes , the silicone bend just pushes on the end of the pole , I bought the silicone bend off e bay cost about £15-20 I think . 

do you have the elite poles?As i said i have the cheeper grippa clamped poles,are your old poles taper fit?You see iam trying to find out,how to fit new tools to mine.I have a very thin lenth of carbon fibre,that i extends  from my last section,its roughly a metre long,the up and over,slides over this,i think its called a carbon adapter(from their webb site)As i say its very thin,its made that way.Do you know if i could fit a silicone adaptor over this.iam scared i might crush the thin carbon if i clamp it.My poles are 50mm,iam wondering,if i take out the thin adaptor,i could cut of the clamp and push a silicone over the remaining pole.or maybe put a sky vac c/f gooseneck straight into my clamp.Do you think it would fit I bought my vac second hand and it came with a very limited supply of tools,you see 

16 minutes ago, Diamond geezer said:

do you have the elite poles?As i said i have the cheeper grippa clamped poles,are your old poles taper fit?You see iam trying to find out,how to fit new tools to mine.I have a very thin lenth of carbon fibre,that i extends  from my last section,its roughly a metre long,the up and over,slides over this,i think its called a carbon adapter(from their webb site)As i say its very thin,its made that way.Do you know if i could fit a silicone adaptor over this.iam scared i might crush the thin carbon if i clamp it.My poles are 50mm,iam wondering,if i take out the thin adaptor,i could cut of the clamp and push a silicone over the remaining pole.or maybe put a sky vac c/f gooseneck straight into my clamp.Do you think it would fit I bought my vac second hand and it came with a very limited supply of tools,you see 

The pole in the photo is an old one it’s a taper fit from carbon fibre tubes .

I do now have the skyvac elite poles , they have a clamp that’s flared at the end and you cannot put the silicone end on them so I have made up an adapter that will fit in the pole and works very well see picture s below , hope this helps , pm me if you want details of what I used .

A5AFA134-3FE3-4306-8DDA-885F69D7F422.jpeg

D63D6050-529A-4E9A-ADBC-B1D2C57DBEE6.jpeg

74322C5E-AB36-4E99-9B5E-202D2755B715.jpeg

D69C69FE-E65D-410F-A7E4-0032C90DCEA3.jpeg

A53CF19D-DEDE-4BE3-9491-D2C57D45050D.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the info PJJ.Ive bought some of the said pipe and the small sleeveit pushes into,the bit you wrap a few turns of insulating tape round.I think i need another sleeve as i think iam gonna need it to push into the silicone 135 when i get it.

grippa sell a carbonfibre goose neck that accepts tools its 160./40 degree bend sky vac has one but thats 135degree not shure which one to go for,i have the grippa vac, but i think you would have to stand that little bit further out,what would you experienced guys use or prefere and why please? Ive got the alloy gullper tool only,and i dont get on with it very well.It goes over a carbon adapter and therfore slips a bit in use.They also do a silicone 135 is this supposed to fit on the carbon adapter as well.Thanks

10 minutes ago, Diamond geezer said:

Thanks for all the info PJJ.Ive bought some of the said pipe and the small sleeveit pushes into,the bit you wrap a few turns of insulating tape round.I think i need another sleeve as i think iam gonna need it to push into the silicone 135 when i get it.

grippa sell a carbonfibre goose neck that accepts tools its 160./40 degree bend sky vac has one but thats 135degree not shure which one to go for,i have the grippa vac, but i think you would have to stand that little bit further out,what would you experienced guys use or prefere and why please? Ive got the alloy gullper tool only,and i dont get on with it very well.It goes over a carbon adapter and therfore slips a bit in use.They also do a silicone 135 is this supposed to fit on the carbon adapter as well.Thanks

It’s difficult to say depends what you are doing , height and angle and access , a selection of tools is good I tend to to use the fixed carbon head for 95 % of all jobs now but before used the silicone bend in the above picture for everything for over 14 years . Fixed head is better for lifting heavy turfs though , silicon head better for shallow angles over conservatories or valleys .

• Like 1
  • Agree 1