Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Tool recomendations for my Grippa vac Please

Diamond geezer

Did my 10th (roughly speaking) VAC job yeserday,hadnt been done fer about 30yrs custy said.Back was a bit of a vegy plot,front half of it ffuul of sand muck and moss.Ive got the extream v3 clamped poles(their cheapest pole),with a carbon adaptor,that goes in the top pole and an up and over goes on top of that,a back to back,plastick crevis,cut at an angle(now busted)and a reducer.I use the up and over whenever i can to gulp up the muck.That didnt work very well yesterday.it left a lot of damp dense muck on the sides as well as the bottom of the gutter,i wound up useing a pro-tool on a pole to finish the job.So i think i need some more effective toolsIWhat would you sugest please.Ive found using the back to back with a tool rather chalangeing as it wobbles this way and that,causing quite a strain on me,rather frustaiting.I think i need a dirt breaker to get right down into the gutter.ive seen the see through pipes,will the crevis one get every thing?They also have a carbon fibre goose neck,with a selection of plasic tools,or should i buy steel?I expect the c/f goose neck has more control.Or should i buy the silicone angle with a dirt breaker,that seems like a good idea,thinking about it,prob the cheapest option

Sometimes a ridged neck it best sometimes a flexible silicon bend works best , try making some ends yourself out of pvc solvent weld waist pipe cheap to make and works a treat 

73645B41-BF3D-4522-B945-C3BDCE904C44.jpeg

06295565-7FA9-4F07-B096-3A602954F463.jpeg

041BBAF5-E7C2-4FBC-A1A1-76729DC9D4CB.jpeg

PJ i think you have a grippa vac,am i right? is your silicone therfore attached to the carbon adaptor?one other query,your silicone angle is blue the grippa ones are black? thank you.

PJ i think you have a grippa vac,am i right? is your silicone therfore attached to the carbon adaptor?one other query,your silicone angle is blue the grippa ones are black? thank you.
I have a sky vac interceptor and a Grippatank vac the poles in the picture are my old ones from carbon fibre tubes , the silicone bend just pushes on the end of the pole , I bought the silicone bend off e bay cost about £15-20 I think . 

do you have the elite poles?As i said i have the cheeper grippa clamped poles,are your old poles taper fit?You see iam trying to find out,how to fit new tools to mine.I have a very thin lenth of carbon fibre,that i extends  from my last section,its roughly a metre long,the up and over,slides over this,i think its called a carbon adapter(from their webb site)As i say its very thin,its made that way.Do you know if i could fit a silicone adaptor over this.iam scared i might crush the thin carbon if i clamp it.My poles are 50mm,iam wondering,if i take out the thin adaptor,i could cut of the clamp and push a silicone over the remaining pole.or maybe put a sky vac c/f gooseneck straight into my clamp.Do you think it would fit I bought my vac second hand and it came with a very limited supply of tools,you see 

do you have the elite poles?As i said i have the cheeper grippa clamped poles,are your old poles taper fit?You see iam trying to find out,how to fit new tools to mine.I have a very thin lenth of carbon fibre,that i extends  from my last section,its roughly a metre long,the up and over,slides over this,i think its called a carbon adapter(from their webb site)As i say its very thin,its made that way.Do you know if i could fit a silicone adaptor over this.iam scared i might crush the thin carbon if i clamp it.My poles are 50mm,iam wondering,if i take out the thin adaptor,i could cut of the clamp and push a silicone over the remaining pole.or maybe put a sky vac c/f gooseneck straight into my clamp.Do you think it would fit I bought my vac second hand and it came with a very limited supply of tools,you see 
The pole in the photo is an old one it’s a taper fit from carbon fibre tubes .

I do now have the skyvac elite poles , they have a clamp that’s flared at the end and you cannot put the silicone end on them so I have made up an adapter that will fit in the pole and works very well see picture s below , hope this helps , pm me if you want details of what I used .

A5AFA134-3FE3-4306-8DDA-885F69D7F422.jpeg

D63D6050-529A-4E9A-ADBC-B1D2C57DBEE6.jpeg

74322C5E-AB36-4E99-9B5E-202D2755B715.jpeg

D69C69FE-E65D-410F-A7E4-0032C90DCEA3.jpeg

A53CF19D-DEDE-4BE3-9491-D2C57D45050D.jpeg

Thanks for all the info PJJ.Ive bought some of the said pipe and the small sleeveit pushes into,the bit you wrap a few turns of insulating tape round.I think i need another sleeve as i think iam gonna need it to push into the silicone 135 when i get it.

grippa sell a carbonfibre goose neck that accepts tools its 160./40 degree bend sky vac has one but thats 135degree not shure which one to go for,i have the grippa vac, but i think you would have to stand that little bit further out,what would you experienced guys use or prefere and why please? Ive got the alloy gullper tool only,and i dont get on with it very well.It goes over a carbon adapter and therfore slips a bit in use.They also do a silicone 135 is this supposed to fit on the carbon adapter as well.Thanks

Thanks for all the info PJJ.Ive bought some of the said pipe and the small sleeveit pushes into,the bit you wrap a few turns of insulating tape round.I think i need another sleeve as i think iam gonna need it to push into the silicone 135 when i get it.

grippa sell a carbonfibre goose neck that accepts tools its 160./40 degree bend sky vac has one but thats 135degree not shure which one to go for,i have the grippa vac, but i think you would have to stand that little bit further out,what would you experienced guys use or prefere and why please? Ive got the alloy gullper tool only,and i dont get on with it very well.It goes over a carbon adapter and therfore slips a bit in use.They also do a silicone 135 is this supposed to fit on the carbon adapter as well.Thanks
It’s difficult to say depends what you are doing , height and angle and access , a selection of tools is good I tend to to use the fixed carbon head for 95 % of all jobs now but before used the silicone bend in the above picture for everything for over 14 years . Fixed head is better for lifting heavy turfs though , silicon head better for shallow angles over conservatories or valleys .

Back