Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wanted - 50m Hose Reel for 12mm Garden Hose

WCF

Help Support WCF:

DeLaCruz

Looking for a good quality 50m reel for my 12mm hose extension (garden hose basically ) - ideally a metal one. In Cornwall so let me know if you have a decent one going second hand - thanks

Screwfix have a decent quality metal one (manual) for £25.99 on a swivel bracket. You will need to fix it to something sturdy in your van Machine Mart do a wheeled trolley which will take 91 meters of heavy duty 19mm hose and costs £113.99. Static fire hose reels are also mass produced and are available in various configurations including motorised. It depends how comfortable you are with fabricating and fitting. These are worth looking into for the durability they offer, they are more expensive but maybe not when compared to a WFP hose reel. I am sure there will be people able to offer plenty of more cost effective and suitable alternatives so I shall be following as I am shopping for these at the moment too.

This looks decent, it is stainless so should keep looking good for longer. The only thing which puts me off is that I really need a bigger reel for the feed from the tap so flow is not restricted. I will be using 19mm and this capacity is 40m in 13mm so will probably take around 28m of 19mm for me, not quite enough.  https://marshallsgarden.com/products/flopro-professional-metal-hose-reel-10904425?variant=32034976825395&currency=GBP&ds_rl=1278790&ds_rl=1284267&ds_rl=1278790&ds_rl=1284267&gclid=CjwKCAjw0On8BRAgEiwAincsHNctAosLX3rFOK7h3qZIxIDagiPxHp0rBi_XUvyTEC16wV9Tch2dJhoC8IIQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the suggestions man - that link you posted looks really good just a shame it can’t hold 50m of 12mm. Found this reel bit tbh looks flimsy in comparison:

https://windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk/collections/hose-reels/products/claber-metal-reel
I have got some of the claber  reels for half inch hose they are ok but the centre spindles are plastic and do break if you arnt careful they also rust at an alarming rate ??? I cannot believe Ime saying this but the pure freedom stainless steel free standing reel is a good one they also do a powder coated one that’s a bit cheaper 

A0F3964D-023C-4D6A-970C-6583136523C2.png

I have got some of the claber  reels for half inch hose they are ok but the centre spindles are plastic and do break if you arnt careful they also rust at an alarming rate ??? I cannot believe Ime saying this but the pure freedom stainless steel free standing reel is a good one they also do a powder coated one that’s a bit cheaper 

View attachment 22239
Thanks for the suggestions guys. Yeah they (the pure freedom) look good to me although quite expensive compared with the Marshalls one that sonic posted - wonder if the Marshall one would be overloaded if you put the full 50m of 12mm hose on it (in the picture it looks quite a lot of space on the reel fully loaded but not sure how long the hose in that pic is obviously).

Anyone own one of the Marshall reels let us know what you think ? cheers

Got myself the Marshalls reel - seems to be well built. Have it loaded with 50m if Wintecs 12mm hose and it fits okay - here’s a pic of the loaded reel. Hopefully it won’t rust and works out as cheap long term option. 

E55C2ECE-220F-437F-9371-4A2BB7789837.jpeg

Good to see the the 50m fits on the reel. I did see one in a local garden centre and the build quality was better than the usual domestic quality. Think I may give them a go as well. Thanks for the pic and info.

Back