Reel hose to pole hose connector

Currently using 6mm reel hose connected to exceed innovation pole hose I am using 6mm rectus 21 fitting joined to together with 6mm horsetail

Problem is my hose coils like a pigtail after doing a few houses then I have to disconnect then uncoil pole hose

Any body got any ideas to stop this happening

Was thinking of using a brass joiner to join two hoses see if this would help

After each job reel in the microbore, then see what direction your pole hose is twisted. Then just turn your pole in the opposite direction. No need to disconnect 👍👨‍🦰

7 minutes ago, steve garwood said:

After each job reel in the microbore, then see what direction your pole hose is twisted. Then just turn your pole in the opposite direction. No need to disconnect 👍👨‍🦰

Sometimes I might be doing 10 houses in a street if I am only doing 1 house on its own it's not a problem 

The more houses I do this is when pole hose starts to kink and twist

4 minutes ago, darryn71 said:

Sometimes I might be doing 10 houses in a street if I am only doing 1 house on its own it's not a problem 

The more houses I do this is when pole hose starts to kink and twist

We often do 20+ houses without disconnecting the pole from the hose and never get any twists or kinks of any sort the hose will turn on the pole fitting so it shouldn’t get any twists in it , all seams very strange to me ?...

14 minutes ago, Pjj said:

We often do 20+ houses without disconnecting the pole from the hose and never get any twists or kinks of any sort the hose will turn on the pole fitting so it shouldn’t get any twists in it , all seams very strange to me ?...

Ok smart **** looking for help and advice not someone been cocky👎

scottish cleaning service
15 minutes ago, Pjj said:

Aye but you use hot water. 😄

27 minutes ago, steve garwood said:

Exactly that. Every twist in the hose is put in by us, the operator. Mainly it's caused by us mostly by habit turning the same way round to retrace our steps back the way we came from. Each turn can put a twist in the hose. I look back along the hose as I walk and twist the pole to cancel out any twists. It takes no time at all.

• Agree 1
3 minutes ago, darryn71 said:

Ok smart **** looking for help and advice not someone been cocky👎

Not being awkward just saying with 6 guys we never have any issues don’t understand why you  are 

1 minute ago, Pjj said:

Not being awkward just saying with 6 guys we never have any issues don’t understand why you  are 

So how do you join yours hoses?

8 minutes ago, Davy G said:

Exactly that. Every twist in the hose is put in by us, the operator. Mainly it's caused by us mostly by habit turning the same way round to retrace our steps back the way we came from. Each turn can put a twist in the hose. I look back along the hose as I walk and twist the pole to cancel out any twists. It takes no time at all.

Thank you pal this is the sort of advice I want to hear not somebody saying there hose never kinks

9 minutes ago, darryn71 said:

Thank you pal this is the sort of advice I want to hear not somebody saying there hose never kinks

In fairness, if Pjj and his oppo's don't get twists in their hoses for whatever reason that's all he can say. Perhaps they have some component/connection that swivels and prevents twists. Perhaps their level of expertise means they cancel out twists without even realising they are doing it.

I do get twists if I don't keep an eye out and deal with them before they become a problem. My son forgets to and ends up with a four or five foot ponytail on his line.

18 minutes ago, darryn71 said:

Don’t thank him, I said it first! 😡😂

• Haha 3
27 minutes ago, darryn71 said:

So how do you join yours hoses?

Like this we have 18 hose reels in total all are joined in the same way between the pole hose and microbore is an easy snap male fitting 

06A908E8-127E-4219-90BF-B4709751A49D.jpeg

7ECB4276-25AB-4B8A-A250-0F9DB1B0D7B5.jpeg

28 minutes ago, darryn71 said:

The male ezy snap fitting and the female fitting act like a swivel where it goes into the pole so you shouldn’t get any twists as it should automatically come out , the way we join the pole hose to the microbore it’s just an extension to the microbore we use 100 m of microbore and then join 30 meters of pole hose to it so total of 130 meters and without being unhelpful we never get any issues with twists/ kinks 

2 minutes ago, darryn71 said:

What's the best connection to have between hoses

What do people use 👍

See the pictures I put in the last post hopefully it’s self explanatory 

4 minutes ago, Pjj said:

Like this we have 18 hose reels in total all are joined in the same way between the pole hose and microbore is an easy snap male fitting 

06A908E8-127E-4219-90BF-B4709751A49D.jpeg

7ECB4276-25AB-4B8A-A250-0F9DB1B0D7B5.jpeg

Will give it a go have to say I can see them o ring getting caught and snagged on few things maybe put a bit of black tape over them

Why not a brass barb ?

14 minutes ago, Davy G said:

In fairness, if Pjj and his oppo's don't get twists in their hoses for whatever reason that's all he can say. Perhaps they have some component/connection that swivels and prevents twists. Perhaps their level of expertise means they cancel out twists without even realising they are doing it.

I do get twists if I don't keep an eye out and deal with them before they become a problem. My son forgets to and ends up with a four or five foot ponytail on his line.

Honestly Davy I have never had any kinks Evan when I used cold water of years I feel the key to this is putting the hose on the reel correctly when it’s new once you get the twists out then it’s fine fir the life of the hose , there are 6 of us and we all work in different ways but none of us get any issues , I have read a few posts on hear saying about this and dint understand why ones get issues m Ime sure we dont do anything different to any other cleaners , as I said earlier the ezysnap male and female act as a swivel that stops any twists building up 

I use the same method of joining reel hose to pole hose, including doubling up on the compression rings. I use Hoseless at the poles. They work fine for me though they don't swivel easily so I will get twists if I don't watch out.