Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Removing of plastic strips on pvc frames

WCF

Help Support WCF:

hi, does anyone know how to remove the plastic strips that protect pvc window frames. The strips have been on the frames for over a year and don’t pull off in one pull. I’m using a blade but it’s such a slow process because the strips are now so stuck into the frame due to the sun I presume. Thanks 

hi, does anyone know how to remove the plastic strips that protect pvc window frames. The strips have been on the frames for over a year and don’t pull off in one pull. I’m using a blade but it’s such a slow process because the strips are now so stuck into the frame due to the sun I presume. Thanks 
Hot soapy water and a plastic dull edged scraper (tesco club card) 

Worked well for me. One the plastic is removed give it a good rinse down first then to remove any stubborn marks i use pink stuff or elbow grease paste and a soft damp cloth and clean up the frames followed by a good rinse down 

Solvent cleaner apply with a rag and peel or scrape it off with a plastic scraper being careful not to damage the sills , it’s a job we will no longer do but used to do a lot , pain to do and not very financially viable 

It's not really part of the service but once it becomes clear a customer is definitely going to be a regular I would sort out one window per clean as a bonus for them.

Don't suppose they even notice.

Back