Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Removing of plastic strips on pvc frames

hi, does anyone know how to remove the plastic strips that protect pvc window frames. The strips have been on the frames for over a year and don’t pull off in one pull. I’m using a blade but it’s such a slow process because the strips are now so stuck into the frame due to the sun I presume. Thanks 

hi, does anyone know how to remove the plastic strips that protect pvc window frames. The strips have been on the frames for over a year and don’t pull off in one pull. I’m using a blade but it’s such a slow process because the strips are now so stuck into the frame due to the sun I presume. Thanks 
Hot soapy water and a plastic dull edged scraper (tesco club card) 

Worked well for me. One the plastic is removed give it a good rinse down first then to remove any stubborn marks i use pink stuff or elbow grease paste and a soft damp cloth and clean up the frames followed by a good rinse down 

Solvent cleaner apply with a rag and peel or scrape it off with a plastic scraper being careful not to damage the sills , it’s a job we will no longer do but used to do a lot , pain to do and not very financially viable 

It's not really part of the service but once it becomes clear a customer is definitely going to be a regular I would sort out one window per clean as a bonus for them.

Don't suppose they even notice.

Back