Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Van Security have you?

Don Logan

With all this van nicking and vans being broken into have you upped your van security?

I caught a pikie having a look through my van drivers window whilst working.

He made out he was looking for my business card. lucky for me my customer spotted him first and alerted me, between us we sorted it.

Be careful lads.    

With all this van nicking and vans being broken into have you upped your van security?

He made out he was looking for my business card. lucky for me my customer spotted him first and alerted me, between us we sorted it.

Be careful lads.    
Yep, 8 deadlocks fitted and the standard Ford door lock taken out and replaced with a high security steel one

Be careful lads.    
you can get some very good quality affordable alarms now that are a standard alone unit with vibration sensing and with a PIR detection

I personally empty everything other than my tank out of my van every day. 

Secondary locks are popular with most guys and work in some instances however the thieves are smart and will just open your roof or side panel now days with a battery angle grinder.

Best tips

Dash cam with parking mode is a savour 

Home cctv 

Led floodlights 

With the trend of guys taking to social media and posting photos of their van and kit online they are only giving the thieves a shopping list, name and location to Rob next. Be smart..

Man you guys in UK seems to have a lot of criminals running aroung, guessing my setup wouldt be possible in UK.. not removing anything during work. 

4DA570CA-3864-42A0-B0FE-BC3186A9D6C4.jpeg

Man you guys in UK seems to have a lot of criminals running aroung, guessing my setup wouldt be possible in UK.. not removing anything during work. 

View attachment 22273
It depends where you are in the uk some places are a high crime rate and ones would steel your wheels whilst driving down the road , other areas you can leave the van unlocked and keys in the ignition without any problems, I expect all countries are the same to be honest .

It depends where you are in the uk some places are a high crime rate and ones would steel your wheels whilst driving down the road , other areas you can leave the van unlocked and keys in the ignition without any problems,
Over 25 years ago a mates uncle had a big round and was fairly confident in leaving his keys in the van he would always place them under the drivers side floor mat and had done so for years without issue, until one day he did this and was making his way back to the van only to see it been driven off, his house keys were also in the van along £100's in cash he never saw the van again or it's contents.

It depends where you are in the uk some places are a high crime rate and ones would steel your wheels whilst driving down the road , other areas you can leave the van unlocked and keys in the ignition without any problems, I expect all countries are the same to be honest .
Guess you,re right! Im in pretty peacefull area myself. 

Back