Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

noticed 3 new windies today

johnny bravo

out cleaning today.     3 new signed vans driving about in same estate.       all were traditional  ladder workers..

lots of competition for them.     not me as im happy with what i got.       all after new home owners moving into new built estates.

glad  im not starting out.

Be the tip of the iceberg over the next year I reckon, all these poor folk losing their jobs. All the information to start up is easily available on the forums and Facebook makes it a doddle!
let’s hope the new estates keep springing up and there will be plenty of work for us all....

I think we are all happy to try and help ones learn the “trade” but we are unwittingly shooting ourselves in the foot by doing so , I dont know of any other jobs ware ones are so forth coming with information about starting a new business , food for thought for us all .
Totally agree, what has taken a few years to master all the pitfalls a newbie will find in a couple of hours reading.

Then a desperate man will work for a lot less to survive, 

Taking this industry back 10 years in pricing.

Competition keeps us all on our toes but let them learn the hard way?      

Are people really that bothered about competition.  Nearly everyone on here, at some time, has taken work off someone else and celebrated. In business we win and lose customers. If you do the job well at a competitive price you should have a very good chance of retaining the vast majority of your business. 

? they are always going to pop up more so now and in the future, but peanuts and monkeys spring too mind also all the gear and no idea, I was told by a custy the other week that there is cheaper windys than me and it's not the first time it has being said to me either, 

I quoted a job yesterday very nice house and area the house will have been worth 500k upwards which is expensive for my area, she said she wasn't happy with the service they missed bits and the windows weren't up to a good standard of finish, she almost fainted at my price and I will be very surprised if I hear back from her, I have a good idea who cleans them and they have always been cheap and slap and dash since they switched to wfp,

some people will only ever see the price over quality of service that is on offer, which baffles me with some of these people when they buy the nicest of houses and cars etc, they buy quality across the board, but see somethings not worth paying extra for. 

? they are always going to pop up more so now and in the future, but peanuts and monkeys spring too mind also all the gear and no idea, I was told by a custy the other week that there is cheaper windys than me and it's not the first time it has being said to me either, 

I quoted a job yesterday very nice house and area the house will have been worth 500k upwards which is expensive for my area, she said she wasn't happy with the service they missed bits and the windows weren't up to a good standard of finish, she almost fainted at my price and I will be very surprised if I hear back from her, I have a good idea who cleans them and they have always been cheap and slap and dash since they switched to wfp,

some people will only ever see the price over quality of service that is on offer, which baffles me with some of these people when they buy the nicest of houses and cars etc, they buy quality across the board, but see somethings not worth paying extra for. 
I know. Some of the richest people are the tightest. Plus they can be terrible for paying up

Its took me a full week to get my Windy Licence because the council office department is closed and we have to do it all online. £135 for two years but I believe its well worth it and keeps away the chancers. Some folk must be starting up their own businesses because the nearly new vans don't last long on the dealers websites as I've been looking every few days to gauge the pricing. Looking more likely that I will buy new in March as it has my age on in, 21 again. ?

Are people really that bothered about competition.  Nearly everyone on here, at some time, has taken work off someone else and celebrated. In business we win and lose customers. If you do the job well at a competitive price you should have a very good chance of retaining the vast majority of your business. 
Competition won’t affect us as we are very well established, but theses new starters generally dint have a clue on pricing and are way to cheap , there is a new guy by me who is charging less than half what we charge and has got some of the jobs we have been quoting for , I don’t need the work so it doesn’t bother me but he’s a very busy fool that was what I was like when I started out , obviously when you employ you have to charge far more than when you are a sole trader as overheads are far higher , but again when I go back to one van I won’t be reducing my prices in fact now Ime quoting Evan higher than before to try and build up Evan better priced work Ime still getting over 20 enquires per week minimum if I get one high priced job out of that Ime happy 

Everybody these days wants the world but also wants to pay next to nothing for it. The amount of times I see on Facebook, 'looking a GOOD but CHEAP (insert service here)'. Boils my urine.

Everybody these days wants the world but also wants to pay next to nothing for it. The amount of times I see on Facebook, 'looking a GOOD but CHEAP (insert service here)'. Boils my urine.
I know what you mean those local pages etc I avoid like the plague

Latest Posts

Back