Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pump problem. not going de when attached to bumper port

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Matt-s

Hello everyone I have just installed a new pump into my van and it goes de when nothing is connected but as soon as I plug into my bumper port the pump starts working but doesn’t go de like it’s supposed to I run a pole with a univalve and there’s water coming through but the pressure is not good. any ideas why the pump keeps spinning and not going de when I shut the univalve off.... any help much appreciated 

Guessing you need to re calibrate your controller as new pump will be different to the old .
I have done the calibration several times now. iv had the hozelock thingy off the hose and turned the pump up to push any air locks out should have probably mentioned it’s all brand new equipment as well. There’s a little leak from where the hose attaches to the tank so I’m guessing if waters coming out then air could be being sucked in? I may have to reattach it with some more ctfe tape and see if that does anything 

Check for air locks.
I done that but it seems to just keep getting air in for some reason... do you know if it might matter that my pump is to high? It’s around the height of the tank.. I wouldn’t have thought it mattered as water is definitely coming through just not as it supposed to

Hello everyone I have just installed a new pump into my van and it goes de when nothing is connected but as soon as I plug into my bumper port the pump starts working but doesn’t go de like it’s supposed to I run a pole with a univalve and there’s water coming through but the pressure is not good. any ideas why the pump keeps spinning and not going de when I shut the univalve off.... any help much appreciated 
Exactly what are you plugging in???

Back