Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Above tank storage

CHWS

I’ve a waterworks tank and I’m after a suggestion to be able to use on top of it to put stuff on without it sliding everywhere, possibly even to put my 3rd reel onto 

any suggestions? 

E9A0A330-F8EA-4806-80CF-A22AF0B4D7CE.jpeg

What about thick rubber matting, 18mm or so? You could cut out a hole for the filler cap, overlap the mat an inch or so on the sides and back and put an edging bead of 1"x1 timber underneath the edges and the back to frame round the tank and stop it sliding. Secure the mat to the bulkhead with cable ties or some other method to stop it sliding backwards. Attach a similar edging bead to the top edges to prevent things sliding off.

Just an idea off the top of my head.

Last edited by a moderator:
Depending what the tank is made of you could get stuff made up and plastic welded to the tank give steve scargill a ring and have a chat to him he’s very helpful the firm is called Toolcraft I think ?. 

I’ve a waterworks tank and I’m after a suggestion to be able to use on top of it to put stuff on without it sliding everywhere, possibly even to put my 3rd reel onto 

any suggestions? 

View attachment 22270
get some aluminium profile and build your own shelve / storage above the tank.

Or just good old timber save a fortune 

Thanks for the replies everyone, I will have a look into all that’s been mentioned ?

would rather stay away from wood with the water in the van 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it. Advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website.

Our website also relies on advertising to keep the doors open and the lights on!

For the best site experience, please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock