Tight Between Roof & Gutter

Master Jedi Alejandro

Master Jedi Alejandro

Hello all,

A customer has a gutter which runs along the back of the conservatory but is also overhung by the roof tiles. It’s extremely tight. Wondering if anyone knows of a way of clearing it out, bar removing the tiles and having them cut down in size to allow access. 

thank you guys!

60010E71-481F-4A29-87F5-5918157E4896.thumb.jpeg.a72fd504438f2f231fb5bd9ef7777655.jpeg

Take the end caps off and use push rods and water or take end caps off and use just your gutter vac hose along the gutter.

• Thanks 1

If the tiles aren’t nailed those type are usually really easy to just push up. I usually just shove them up a few inches 👍

• Thanks 1
scottish cleaning service

I have worked with roofers and they don't usually nail the bottom row so they can shove them up if need be. Some old tiles don't have nail holes in them and were just fitted together I noticed on a roof with Marley tiles.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Master Jedi Alejandro said:

Hello all,

A customer has a gutter which runs along the back of the conservatory but is also overhung by the roof tiles. It’s extremely tight. Wondering if anyone knows of a way of clearing it out, bar removing the tiles and having them cut down in size to allow access. 

thank you guys!

60010E71-481F-4A29-87F5-5918157E4896.thumb.jpeg.a72fd504438f2f231fb5bd9ef7777655.jpeg

Push a get on a ladder and push the vac hose along it or pole 

• Thanks 1

If you can blast all the dirt to one end with the garden hose into the vac hose I have found this works quite well , or remove the row of tiles make sure you charge well as it will take longer than you think 

• Thanks 1
Master Jedi Alejandro

Thanks to you all. Some good suggestions! When I’m next round to do the windows I’ll see which method will work best then quote the job up. It’s not gonna be cheap, that’s for sure!