Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Tight Between Roof & Gutter

Master Jedi Alejandro

Premium Member
Hello all,

A customer has a gutter which runs along the back of the conservatory but is also overhung by the roof tiles. It’s extremely tight. Wondering if anyone knows of a way of clearing it out, bar removing the tiles and having them cut down in size to allow access. 

thank you guys!

60010E71-481F-4A29-87F5-5918157E4896.jpeg

I have worked with roofers and they don't usually nail the bottom row so they can shove them up if need be. Some old tiles don't have nail holes in them and were just fitted together I noticed on a roof with Marley tiles.

Hello all,

A customer has a gutter which runs along the back of the conservatory but is also overhung by the roof tiles. It’s extremely tight. Wondering if anyone knows of a way of clearing it out, bar removing the tiles and having them cut down in size to allow access. 

thank you guys!

View attachment 22294
Push a get on a ladder and push the vac hose along it or pole 

If you can blast all the dirt to one end with the garden hose into the vac hose I have found this works quite well , or remove the row of tiles make sure you charge well as it will take longer than you think 

Thanks to you all. Some good suggestions! When I’m next round to do the windows I’ll see which method will work best then quote the job up. It’s not gonna be cheap, that’s for sure!

We've had a couple like that where there is only a small gap at the end. I got a couple of bits of plastic pipe from B&Q, the sort of thing that is used for the drain from a bath etc, it just fitted in the gap and has the benefit of being slightly flexible. Connected it to the hose with a bit of duct tape and fed it into the gap, worked surprisingly well.

Back