cracked gutter pole repair

Kennethmcdonald75@gmail.co

hi guys,had a bit of an accident today when I left vac poles sitting against the wall for a moment, all of a sudden crash! down she came and damaged one pole.om thinking gorilla tape and some type of resin around the fracture and just use it as a base pole in hand,any suggesstions welcome.

kenny

Not sure how to repair but if it's carbon fibre be aware that any dust created by sanding is a bit toxic!!

Also surely the weakest pole would be best at the top if possible. Otherwise if at bottom and you are going over a conny the biggest strain is in the lowest/first/base pole.

the damage looks more like a crush and is near the base of pole and that's why im thinking of using as a base pole in keeping it under my control beside me, near hand.

46 minutes ago, Kennethmcdonald75@gmail.co said:

hi guys,had a bit of an accident today when I left vac poles sitting against the wall for a moment, all of a sudden crash! down she came and damaged one pole.om thinking gorilla tape and some type of resin around the fracture and just use it as a base pole in hand,any suggesstions welcome.

kenny

Rookie mistake. Never stand poles up even for a second.

Gorilla tape is overpriced over advertised low quality shite.

Wash the pole section down with hot soapy water to degrease it.

With a poundland sanding block rub down and key up the area to remove manufacturing lacquer and wipe off the dust and clean with some alcohol. (Hand sanitiser) then with some poundland 2 part epoxy resin apply it lightly over the damaged area and allow to dry and harden. Then once fully cured rub it down to remove any snots or bumps. Clean off and spray over the repair with some mat black spray paint or lacquer 

Do it once do it properly 👌