Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

sealing roofs cleaning roofs and and biowashing roofs. general roof cleaning discussion

WCF

Help Support WCF:

JetwashMann

hiya. 

I've been doing driveway restorations for a while now, i'm looking to branch my company into roof cleaning.

has anybody ever sealed roofs? I have found a few products online, and some sealers also recolour roofs. its hard to find an discussion on the usage, techniques and usefulness of these products. but I hopefully plan on using the recolouring sealers and offer cosmetic restorations

I plan to buy a commercial roof sprayer. ive seen half decent sprayers for around £1500. i'm hoping the roof sprayer is compatible at applying coats for both driveways and roofs. has anybody got any input on different sealant products and experience on using one of the machines.

I've seen some discussion on the process of jetwashing/using hypo/using biocides. its difficult to fully make up my mind on how to decide the process because people have different opinions. apparently jetwashing the roofs is risky and can damage or flood clients property. but i'm assuming that's negatable depending on prior surveying of the roof to check for damaged tiles, and also spraying downwards to minimise any chance of penetration underneath the tiles.

i'm familiar with using hypo as I use it for my driveway restorations. i'm assuming using hypo on the tiles will clean them pretty rapidly, and if I was to jetwash the roof using hypo it would give me the ability too jetwash on a lower pressure. and that's obviously going to reduce risk of damage.  but would jetwashing the hypo be completely necessary for immediate results, or would letting the hypo soak and then washing down the roof have the same effect?

I was planning on applying a biocide product afterwards. I'm not sure if only using hypo properly kills of all the the fungal roots. I would ather use a bocide just to be sure. 

would I have to wait for a few days after the hypo washdown to apply the biocide?

and if I was re-sealing the roof how long would I wait after the biocide treatment to reseal it? 

i'm hoping it will be fine to wash down the biocides after a couple hours of the treatment and the sealant can be applied anytime after that once its dried.

any general discussion, experiences and  useful input would be massively appreciated!

hiya. 

I've been doing driveway restorations for a while now, i'm looking to branch my company into roof cleaning.

has anybody ever sealed roofs? I have found a few products online, and some sealers also recolour roofs. its hard to find an discussion on the usage, techniques and usefulness of these products. but I hopefully plan on using the recolouring sealers and offer cosmetic restorations

I plan to buy a commercial roof sprayer. ive seen half decent sprayers for around £1500. i'm hoping the roof sprayer is compatible at applying coats for both driveways and roofs. has anybody got any input on different sealant products and experience on using one of the machines.

I've seen some discussion on the process of jetwashing/using hypo/using biocides. its difficult to fully make up my mind on how to decide the process because people have different opinions. apparently jetwashing the roofs is risky and can damage or flood clients property. but i'm assuming that's negatable depending on prior surveying of the roof to check for damaged tiles, and also spraying downwards to minimise any chance of penetration underneath the tiles.

i'm familiar with using hypo as I use it for my driveway restorations. i'm assuming using hypo on the tiles will clean them pretty rapidly, and if I was to jetwash the roof using hypo it would give me the ability too jetwash on a lower pressure. and that's obviously going to reduce risk of damage.  but would jetwashing the hypo be completely necessary for immediate results, or would letting the hypo soak and then washing down the roof have the same effect?

I was planning on applying a biocide product afterwards. I'm not sure if only using hypo properly kills of all the the fungal roots. I would ather use a bocide just to be sure. 

would I have to wait for a few days after the hypo washdown to apply the biocide?

and if I was re-sealing the roof how long would I wait after the biocide treatment to reseal it? 

i'm hoping it will be fine to wash down the biocides after a couple hours of the treatment and the sealant can be applied anytime after that once its dried.

any general discussion, experiences and  useful input would be massively appreciated!
Youtube Ashley Mackintosh aka AE Mackintosh he's done it all 

Back