Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

best pole hose for colder weather

johnny bravo

as winter starts to creep in , yet again pole hoses start to wrap around itself like a snake.    any ideas . tried most. Ex ceed blue,/  Gardiners   

cant upload pic, says  was too big.      never used to say this  all the same snaking

as winter starts to creep in , yet again pole hoses start to wrap around itself like a snake.    any ideas . tried most. Ex ceed blue,/  Gardiners   

cant upload pic, says  was too big.      never used to say this  all the same snaking
Are you using cold or hot water ? We have always used the same hose  summer and winter regardless , but if using cold then the pu hose in winter is very stiff , 

I'm still using the original Gardiners green PU. Yes it's a little stiffer in winter but I don't seem to experience the same tangling issues that others do.

PU hose is nowhere near as flexible as PVC hose which means it quickly tangles when allowed to become even slightly twisted. The key for me is in watching that the way I work doesn't introduce a twist into the hose. It does occasionally start to coil up but when it does I just give it a twist in the opposite direction and this usually sorts it out.

The one thing that does my head in is when a customer, thinking they are being helpful picks up all my hose and throws it out their gate in a big heap. ? 

Back