Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Need help with diy tank

Matt-s

Hello everyone, so I’ve got my tank and all the fittings are in. Everything set to go I posted a few days ago saying I had a problem with my pump saying pressure switch rather than dead end and that there wasn’t much water coming out well I now have water and everything is working as it should, apart from the pump keeps switching to ps to de I’m not sure why does anybody know anything about the pure freedom diy set ups that can help me out? I’m guessing there’s a problem somewhere but the only thing I can think is that my pump is just below the height of my tank so its struggling a bit more?? There’s no air and it’s all set right I just dont want to do the pump any harm by not fixing it sooner rather than later! Thanks, Matt 

First off it could be air in the system whether you think there is or not, PS means there is too much pressure in the system somewhere and usually that is because of air a restriction somewhere or Cal and flow maybe way too high thus causing too much pressure build up within your system. 

First off it could be air in the system whether you think there is or not, PS means there is too much pressure in the system somewhere and usually that is because of air a restriction somewhere or Cal and flow maybe way too high thus causing too much pressure build up within your system. 
Ok thanks for the reply as you can tell I’m new to setting one up myself. have used them for years but never had my own in my own van.. do you have any advice for how I can find out what is causing it? like change calibration settings? Or move my pump closer to the floor? I only have the flow on 32-35 usually for just windows it set at 65 calibration. Thanks, Matt 

I’ve got everything in there and it seems to be working alright.  I’ve got water and it goes dead end every now and again but for some reason it keeps going ps as well ?‍♂️ 
If every connection is fully tightened to ensure no air is getting in anywhere then reduce the Cal down to lets say 60 and see if ps stops coming up, in case air is in the system the thing to do is and this what I sometimes have to do after running the tank low

Once I have filled my tank on a morning if I get ps flashing up I increase the flo 99 with my inline tap closed then after about 20 seconds reduce the flow in stages down to your normal flow of 35 by the time you reduce the flow to the normal setting it should go into de and stay at that then I will open up my inline tap on my main hose for 10 seconds that will push out any air if there is any in then close tap and all will be fine. 

Last edited by a moderator:
If every connection is fully tightened to ensure no air is getting in anywhere then reduce the Cal down to lets say 60 and see if ps stops coming up, in case air is in the system the thing to do is and this what I sometimes have to do after running the tank low

Once I have filled my tank on a morning if I get ps flashing up I increase the flo 99 with my inline tap closed then after about 20 seconds reduce the flow in stages down to your normal flow of 35 by the time you reduce the flow to the normal setting it should go into de and stay at that then I will open up my inline tap on my main hose for 10 seconds that will push out any air if there is any in then close tap and all will be fine. 
Ok thanks I just watched a squeaky clean Dave YouTube video and he shows a video of similar thing happening to me and what to do so I’ll try the calibration. Thanks for the advice 

@Matt-sI don’t have a system myself yet but looking at doing DIY in the new year. Have you calibrated with the pole fully extended and upright? Seems to happen a bit with the lads on the Facebook groups when they don’t do this.

Have you calibrated with the pole fully extended and upright? Seems to happen a bit with the lads on the Facebook groups when they don’t do this.
I haven't done this for over 10 years and never had an issue 

Last edited by a moderator:
Update for anybody that’s interested I done the auto calibration as said by squeaky clean Dave in this video 

Everything working fine now feel a bit of a numpty for not knowing or at least checking YouTube but I’m new to it all so I’m still learning! 

@Matt-s the advice given above will still be relevant one day as every answer can usually be found on here and not always on YouTube.

I have never auto calibrated my controllers might give it a bash one day. 

@Matt-s the advice given above will still be relevant one day as every answer can usually be found on here and not always on YouTube.

I have never auto calibrated my controllers might give it a bash one day. 
Yes most definitely i came here knowing there’s some knowledgable lads who’ve been in the game years and have probably experienced all manor of problems.. i had tried mine in the 65 60 50 55 regions as told on the phone by pure freedom and a friend but it’s set itself at 37 so I had it way to high I guess 

Yes most definitely i came here knowing there’s some knowledgable lads who’ve been in the game years and have probably experienced all manor of problems.. i had tried mine in the 65 60 50 55 regions as told on the phone by pure freedom and a friend but it’s set itself at 37 so I had it way to high I guess 
You could have almost two identical systems and the de setting will differ. 

Back