Jump to content

Fill time from filter to barrels


Nick Mitton

Recommended Posts

Hi, I'm thinking of converting to wfp from trad. I currently clean approx 25-30 3 bed semi's in a day. How much filtered Water would I need and how long would it take to filter into drums ready for trolly? 

Link to post
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Nick Mitton

    12

  • Iron Giant

    10

  • spruce

    4

  • ched999uk

    3

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My daughter and I got through 25 houses today, a mix of mainly 3 and 4 bed terraced houses and got through 300l. One was a minging first clean with a small conny and I used 42l on just that one.

I'm guessing you're stuck in tonight with us saddo's 🤔

I would imagine he would use what you linked to. I would think that using 1/2" hose would take 'all day'. My 1" transfer hose using an external transfer pump rated at 41lpm is bad enough. It take

Posted Images

52 minutes ago, Nick Mitton said:

Hi, I'm thinking of converting to wfp from trad. I currently clean approx 25-30 3 bed semi's in a day. How much filtered Water would I need and how long would it take to filter into drums ready for trolly? 

all of the answers are on the forum

When you say filtered are you aware it's pure deionised water with a tds of zero ppm 

Depending on mains water pressure and flow via the RO DI system the output flow / fill time is determined 

For me to transfer from an IBC 60lpm 

Link to post
8 hours ago, Nick Mitton said:

Hi, I'm thinking of converting to wfp from trad. I currently clean approx 25-30 3 bed semi's in a day. How much filtered Water would I need and how long would it take to filter into drums ready for trolly? 

You are in a hard water area of around 259ppm so you will get away with a standard R/O and decent sized di vessel of 5ltrs upwards initial outlay around £300 it could take 45 minutes or over an hour to fill a 25ltr container or stump for a 40/40 R/O and a di vessel which will cost you in excess of £600 and be lot quicker depending on water pressure you may need a booster pump chuck on anywhere from £100 to £300 

If you are doing and wanting to do 25-30 houses a day of the type you mentioned and be fully wfp as an untrained wfper a trolley set up ain't the way to go at all as a novice you could use 500ltrs a day on 25 houses you can double to triple that usage on first cleans and you might manage 15 houses a day to begin with if you are extremely lucky as first cleans will take 2-3x longer than a regular clean and use 2-3x as much water. 

Link to post
20 minutes ago, Iron Giant said:

You are in a hard water area of around 259ppm so you will get away with a standard R/O and decent sized di vessel of 5ltrs upwards initial outlay around £300 it could take 45 minutes or over an hour to fill a 25ltr container or stump for a 40/40 R/O and a di vessel which will cost you in excess of £600 and be lot quicker depending on water pressure you may need a booster pump chuck on anywhere from £100 to £300 

If you are doing and wanting to do 25-30 houses a day of the type you mentioned and be fully wfp as an untrained wfper a trolley set up ain't the way to go at all as a novice you could use 500ltrs a day on 25 houses you can double to triple that usage on first cleans and you might manage 15 houses a day to begin with if you are extremely lucky as first cleans will take 2-3x longer than a regular clean and use 2-3x as much water. 

This was why I turned downed being a moderator when asked by pro green. I’d look at a question like the one above, then simply couldn’t be ar5ed to work it out.

Fair play @Iron Giant

  • Haha 3
Link to post
1 hour ago, Iron Giant said:

You are in a hard water area of around 259ppm so you will get away with a standard R/O and decent sized di vessel of 5ltrs upwards initial outlay around £300 it could take 45 minutes or over an hour to fill a 25ltr container or stump for a 40/40 R/O and a di vessel which will cost you in excess of £600 and be lot quicker depending on water pressure you may need a booster pump chuck on anywhere from £100 to £300 

If you are doing and wanting to do 25-30 houses a day of the type you mentioned and be fully wfp as an untrained wfper a trolley set up ain't the way to go at all as a novice you could use 500ltrs a day on 25 houses you can double to triple that usage on first cleans and you might manage 15 houses a day to begin with if you are extremely lucky as first cleans will take 2-3x longer than a regular clean and use 2-3x as much water. 

Yeah understand will take more water on 1st cleans especially as I'm novice but that won't always be the case. 

I'm wanting to know how much filtered Water I would use once once I'm not a novice. 

 

I've been in the business for nearly 30 years so looking long term. 

Edited by Nick Mitton
Link to post

My daughter and I got through 25 houses today, a mix of mainly 3 and 4 bed terraced houses and got through 300l. One was a minging first clean with a small conny and I used 42l on just that one.

We find water usage varies at different times of year. Tends to go up in the dry summer months and down in winter

Link to post

It takes me 25 mins after work to purify 500L of water straight into my tank(using DI only) for my next days work....my tap TDS is 024 so this is ideal for me.....

Personally I wouldn't go down the barrel route....I'd go straight for a 500L tank....I can use 450L in 5 hours work some days....remember you will need to leave a bit of water in the bottom of your tank to prevent airlocks...you should never totally drain your tank every day.....

  • Like 1
Link to post
48 minutes ago, Nick Mitton said:

Yeah understand will take more water on 1st cleans especially as I'm novice but that won't always be the case. 

I'm wanting to know how much filtered Water I would use once once I'm not a novice. 

 

I've been in the business for nearly 30 years so looking long term. 

I can get away with 350ltrs a day but plenty more use 400ltrs plus so as @dazmond avoid barrels and get a tank as it will take you weeks more likely months to be efficient as us long term lads 

  • Like 2
Link to post
12 hours ago, steve garwood said:

This was why I turned downed being a moderator when asked by pro green. I’d look at a question like the one above, then simply couldn’t be ar5ed to work it out.

Fair play @Iron Giant

I'm guessing you're stuck in tonight with us saddo's 🤔

Edited by Iron Giant
spelling
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
9 minutes ago, Iron Giant said:

I can get away with 350ltrs a day but plenty more use 400ltrs plus so as @dazmond avoid barrels and get a tank as it will take you weeks more likely months to be efficient as us long term lads 

Can I do that with a berlingo van? 

Link to post
1 minute ago, Nick Mitton said:

Can I do that with a berlingo van? 

Check your payload, 400ltrs is 400kg plus tank and extra 35kg frame/cage battery hose reel and so on not forgetting your ladders for a time and other bits plus yourself could be 700-750kg at a guess. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
2 minutes ago, Iron Giant said:

Check your payload, 400ltrs is 400kg plus tank and extra 35kg frame/cage battery hose reel and so on not forgetting your ladders for a time and other bits plus yourself could be 700-750kg at a guess. 

690 payload.... 400l of filtered or unfiltered? 

If unfiltered then surely I only need a 3rd of that in filtered? 

Edited by Nick Mitton
Link to post
4 minutes ago, Nick Mitton said:

690 payload.... 400l of filtered or unfiltered? 

If unfiltered then surely I only need a 3rd of that in filtered? 

You need pure processed water which will be 400ltrs the water needs to be processed, you need an R/O which will take hours to process 400ltrs either into your tank in your van or static tank at home, you will need 400ltrs in your van which ever way in order for you too clean windows via the wfp method. 

 

download (1).jpg

  • Like 1
Link to post
31 minutes ago, Iron Giant said:

You need pure processed water which will be 400ltrs the water needs to be processed, you need an R/O which will take hours to process 400ltrs either into your tank in your van or static tank at home, you will need 400ltrs in your van which ever way in order for you too clean windows via the wfp method. 

 

download (1).jpg

Thanks.... Was under the impression that you needed 3 times the amount o f tap water to get what you needed filter.... Ie 1200l tap water to get 400l pure.... So if I need 400l pure I'd need 1200l tap in the van to convert? 

Link to post
23 minutes ago, Nick Mitton said:

Thanks.... Was under the impression that you needed 3 times the amount o f tap water to get what you needed filter.... Ie 1200l tap water to get 400l pure.... So if I need 400l pure I'd need 1200l tap in the van to convert? 

Most if not all people process water before it goes into the tank, unless you can DI only. i.e. from tap to ro system to van tank. No need to carry more water than you need. Just carry Pure Water.

Edited by ched999uk
  • Like 1
Link to post
21 minutes ago, Nick Mitton said:

Thanks.... Was under the impression that you needed 3 times the amount o f tap water to get what you needed filter.... Ie 1200l tap water to get 400l pure.... So if I need 400l pure I'd need 1200l tap in the van to convert? 

With an RO system yes you are right , using DI all the water is used 

Link to post
12 hours ago, Nick Mitton said:

Hi, I'm thinking of converting to wfp from trad. I currently clean approx 25-30 3 bed semi's in a day. How much filtered Water would I need and how long would it take to filter into drums ready for trolly? 

I'm a newbie, I just did my house, 3 bed with a conny. Just practicing wfp. It was a bit green in places!  I've used 50 +ltrs ,that's the first time I've  used.  But am impressed with the results. 

Just now, Ian Docksey said:

I'm a newbie, I just did my house, 3 bed with a conny. Just practicing wfp. It was a bit green in places!  I've used 50 +ltrs ,that's the first time I've  used.  But am impressed with the results. 

I know it's not quite as per post. But it may give an insight on how much water you may use just starting up.

  • Like 2
  • Agree 1
Link to post
46 minutes ago, ched999uk said:

Most if not all people process water before it goes into the tank, unless you can DI only. i.e. from tap to ro system to van tank. No need to carry more water than you need. Just carry Pure Water.

So you don't have a filter on the van just water tank, pump and pole? 

Link to post
4 minutes ago, Nick Mitton said:

So you don't have a filter on the van just water tank, pump and pole? 

I think most have tanks in their back garden and fill up from there. I maybe wrong!. I get my water from Spotless water and now from 24 pure water also. 

Link to post
1 minute ago, Ian Docksey said:

I think most have tanks in their back garden and fill up from there. I maybe wrong!. I get my water from Spotless water and now from 24 pure water also. 

Spotless water is around 3.5p a litre.  24 pure water is £1 for 25 litres atm and £20 free credit on sign up. Maybe worth looking into.

  • Like 1
Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.