Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

shelf life of a RO membrane

Amazin

A: if you don't open the package and you keep it in a cool dry place (I think that's the ideal condition?)

B:Already opened and in the housing but not being used

If anyone can give me some ideas that would be great. I think prefilters will last about 6 months?

A: if you don't open the package and you keep it in a cool dry place (I think that's the ideal condition?)

If anyone can give me some ideas that would be great. I think prefilters will last about 6 months?
Have you read the manufacturers packaging? 

New factory sealed membranes are saturated in brine and should last approximately 5 years from the label on one of mine 

An open membrane in a housing with no regular flow or air tight seal will not last long 

All of the answers are on Google if you've ever used the Internet 

Regarding the pre-filters, how long they last will depend on how much water you produce. many users they last nowhere near 6 months, roughly 10,000 for sediment filter and 35,000 or 70,000 for a fibredine carbon block filter (depending if 10 inch or 20 inch) Of course, those figures to include waste water too. Many will get through a sediment filter every couple of weeks.

Im not 100% on the membrane, but ive read once in place and being used, to not let them dry out. Give it a regular flush etc once a week or so.

Regarding the pre-filters, how long they last will depend on how much water you produce. many users they last nowhere near 6 months, roughly 10,000 for sediment filter and 35,000 or 70,000 for a fibredine carbon block filter (depending if 10 inch or 20 inch) Of course, those figures to include waste water too. Many will get through a sediment filter every couple of weeks.

Im not 100% on the membrane, but ive read once in place and being used, to not let them dry out. Give it a regular flush etc once a week or so.
He means if there in storage ?

I dont understand why he’s asking on hear to be honest as he posted the same question on the other forum and has already been given several answers ???? but guessing he will get a far better class of answer on hear ???

I dont understand why he’s asking on hear to be honest as he posted the same question on the other forum and has already been given several answers ???? but guessing he will get a far better class of answer on hear ???
You are so right sir 

download.jpg

Im not here all the time but I noticed few people are getting irritated with newbies questions.

If their questions is annoying, ignore it and move on.

This is what the forum is here for to help. 

Im not here all the time but I noticed few people are getting irritated with newbies questions.

The problem is ones don’t  try and help themselves by doing  any research how did they manage before the internet and forums like this , some are to lazy to help themselves they want a profitable business handed to them on a plate , Ime more than happy to try and help anyone but the same old questions come up on an almost daily basis all they have to do is search new start up questions it’s not rocket science . 

Guilty as charged, I admit I have being on my soapbox lately must be the time of the month, so if I have put any ones nose out of joint/offended anyone I am sorry ?

Latest Posts

Back