Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Tucker brush review

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Danfire

I've never reviewed anything before but I reckon this old brush deserves some plaudits.

I bought this Tucker hybrid from David Kemp at the window cleaning show about four years ago. Compared to the brushes I was wearing out in a matter of months I cannot believe how well it's lasted. The edges have gone a bit and I think the wear has caused the four corners to lose one crop of bristles.

Other than that, it doesn't lose any bristles, the boar hairs in the centre section are fantastic scrubbers and I can see this brush lasting until I jack the job in, I'm well pleased.

Pretty sure other manufacturers started copying this design with Dupont bristles and horse hair. Does anyone know if the copies are as durable?

As an aside, the Rhino pole hose I bought at the same time is still going strong, that is also fantastic stuff. Cannot believe how much more durable it is over normal pole hose.

IMG_20201106_122409.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I owned one about 4-5 years ago it was good brush but too heavy for me so I sold it after it sat in my garage for months collecting dust. 

I owned one about 4-5 years ago it was good brush but too heavy for me so I sold it after it sat in my garage for months collecting dust. 
It probably is a few grams heavier than the Gardiner's I've got in the van but it's on an SLX18 so between the pair of them it's a pretty light-ish combo.

It probably is a few grams heavier than the Gardiner's I've got in the van but it's on an SLX18 so between the pair of them it's a pretty light-ish combo.
Depends what brush you are used to using the weight I believe is 272g which is a 97g more than my Ultimate I use 

Depends what brush you are used to using the weight I believe is 272g which is a 97g more than my Ultimate I use 
I know when I put the 35 back in the van it's a big relief to pick up the 18. I might treat myself to a lighter pole when the current one is shot.

Thats the thing, to find a brush thats a good scrubber n durable.  Ive had a rubbish time this week with the jet capsules n univalve, I tried to make sure there wasn't much movement, for putting on/off, but still popped off, had replaced them about a month ago, but just a disaster for me, I don't want the feeling off ,'"is it going to pop off this time", each time I switch on/off.

The univalve is a great bit of kit n I might need to look elsewhere now for brushes that can handle the univalve, but dont want to.surely gardiners have an engineer that can handle this technical issue to keep customers happy.(yes that's a wee poke to Alex, not to get complacent, but to have words with his design guys to please have a think about a more robust system, I'm not too heavy handed imo)

Thats the thing, to find a brush thats a good scrubber n durable.  Ive had a rubbish time this week with the jet capsules n univalve, I tried to make sure there wasn't much movement, for putting on/off, but still popped off, had replaced them about a month ago, but just a disaster for me, I don't want the feeling off ,'"is it going to pop off this time", each time I switch on/off.

The univalve is a great bit of kit n I might need to look elsewhere now for brushes that can handle the univalve, but dont want to.surely gardiners have an engineer that can handle this technical issue to keep customers happy.(yes that's a wee poke to Alex, not to get complacent, but to have words with his design guys to please have a think about a more robust system, I'm not too heavy handed imo)
If you use a hose stop on the top of the angle adapter you shouldn’t get any problems 

F0DE9D4C-21D8-428D-939A-52DBAEABE12B.jpeg

Thanks that looks good, is it self made? Or is gardiners selling that, as it doesn't look like a normal jg connection, not seen it before.

Thanks that looks good, is it self made? Or is gardiners selling that, as it doesn't look like a normal jg connection, not seen it before.
@Skxawng makes and sells them they are very good , you could also use a pole hose twin ear clamp and put that in the same place it will di the same job but it’s difficult to remove that the fitting @Skxawng makes is easily removable and re usable 

When I bought those stops, initially I wasn’t over impressed as they fell apart as the little red stop that goes between the black and blue piece always fell out. (probably my fault). 
However I have a top tip. Get a tiny cable tie, thread it through the gap on top of the red clip and wrap it around the stopper and fasten it.

I’ve done this on all three of my poles and they are rock solid now ?

@steve garwood That's one one of the problems, the red clips sometimes fall out. @Pjj I can see that the clip has fallen out on yours.

I've still got some but only selling to people messaging me on this forum. 

I've started including extra clips so if you lose one, you have spares. 

I can post you both out a few extra clips if you want? 
Now that the cable ties hold the red clip in, I love them. That’s why I ordered more off you a while back. Thanks ?

@steve garwood That's one one of the problems, the red clips sometimes fall out. @Pjj I can see that the clip has fallen out on yours.

I've still got some but only selling to people messaging me on this forum. 

I've started including extra clips so if you lose one, you have spares. 

I can post you both out a few extra clips if you want? 
That’s a very kind offer I will be ordering some more in the future a few extra clips would be good thanks , I dont have any problems without the clips to be honest we don’t use univalves so there is no pull on the hose 

Hi thank you for your kind offer, just seen it  as have been mucking about with fixing my brush jets. Would attach a pic but dont seem to be able to attach a basic pic.

What I've done is used Strimmer line n looped it under brush socket attachment, then put it through the two small holes that are on the brush hose t-piece n tightened to the point that when you pull the univalve there is no strain on the hose going into the jets.  

Just very untidy looking at the moment as Strimmer wire doesn't tie very easily.

I've never reviewed anything before but I reckon this old brush deserves some plaudits.

I bought this Tucker hybrid from David Kemp at the window cleaning show about four years ago. Compared to the brushes I was wearing out in a matter of months I cannot believe how well it's lasted. The edges have gone a bit and I think the wear has caused the four corners to lose one crop of bristles.

Other than that, it doesn't lose any bristles, the boar hairs in the centre section are fantastic scrubbers and I can see this brush lasting until I jack the job in, I'm well pleased.

Pretty sure other manufacturers started copying this design with Dupont bristles and horse hair. Does anyone know if the copies are as durable?

As an aside, the Rhino pole hose I bought at the same time is still going strong, that is also fantastic stuff. Cannot believe how much more durable it is over normal pole hose.

View attachment 22313
Think they make the best brush, agree last for years.

Cant find a UK supplier ?     

Back