Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gutter clearing seasonal??

Hello everyone, hope youre all doing well.

i decided to invest in a gutter vac (so has everyone else by the looks of it!), anyway having read loads i decided on the gvs compact... which is now out of stock and looks like theyre replacing it with a different vac... panther. So being me il wait to see some reviews on that.

with all that said im probably looking at january now, my question is have i missed the boat for this year? How seasonal is gutter clearing? I expect the demand to be higher at the moment with all the fallen leaves.

Hello everyone, hope youre all doing well.

i decided to invest in a gutter vac (so has everyone else by the looks of it!), anyway having read loads i decided on the gvs compact... which is now out of stock and looks like theyre replacing it with a different vac... panther. So being me il wait to see some reviews on that.

with all that said im probably looking at january now, my question is have i missed the boat for this year? How seasonal is gutter clearing? I expect the demand to be higher at the moment with all the fallen leaves.
In the summer or start of the season everyone starts to take pride in their homes as the days are generally dryer warmer and lighter and gutters have built up debris from a winter bashing 

But also winter is just as busy with storms falling leaves from trees etc 

To summarise it's a 360 day trade in my own opinion.

The new GVS Panther won't disappoint, they put alot of time and research into their machine production and alot of customer feedback aids that R&D 

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for that, thats pretty reasuring. 

I was sold on the gvs compact after loads of great reviews. I wonder why theyve stopped supplying them. 

Looking forward to more info on the panther

We do more gutter vaccing between September to March than the rest of the year but , so to a degree it is seasonal. 

My gutter season starts this month, the regular maintenance cleans tend to be done after the majority of leaves have fallen. We do jobs on properties surrounded by high trees in November, when most leaves have fallen and March to clear them of the rest. Then in January to March we do the annual cleans. Out of, roughly 50 properties, 70% are done annually between January and March. We do 3 every other year, 6 are done November and March, 1 is done every 4 months, 1 is done in May and 1 is done in July. People tend to notice a problem with their gutters during heavy rain.

Thanks for that, thats pretty reasuring. 

I was sold on the gvs compact after loads of great reviews. I wonder why theyve stopped supplying them. 

Looking forward to more info on the panther
I got a GutterSucker Junior. I wanted the GVS Compact but literally just missed it, and we had gutter work to get done so went with the Guttersucker instead. So far so good, really pleased with the results!

I may look into that one now. Ive looked at the atom and then fitting the cyclonic inlet but decided against it, never good to have to modify the minute you get it

I may look into that one now. Ive looked at the atom and then fitting the cyclonic inlet but decided against it, never good to have to modify the minute you get it
The GVS compact looked great as it had the cyclone already. The new GVS Panther is the replacement but it's not listed yet and I don't think there are any youtube vids. I would guess it would have a cyclone as GVS do seem very keen on them as they do improve suction quite a bit. 

For what its worth I did a lot of gutters over the course of a year with my atom before modifying it with absolutely no problems. The guttersucker junior is the same machine, and seems to also be owned by spinaclean as some people have reported receiving atom poles with theirs.

For what its worth I did a lot of gutters over the course of a year with my atom before modifying it with absolutely no problems. The guttersucker junior is the same machine, and seems to also be owned by spinaclean as some people have reported receiving atom poles with theirs.
Can confirm Guttersucker are Spinaclean owned. The invoice was from Spinaclean, not guttersucker. Which is good to keep in mind as the Atom was out of stock at the time white the junior wasn’t. 

Had 2 gutter clearing jobs in a week, so was wondering if to mention when canvassing (that i do gutter clearance) as a few weeks back it seemed i could see problem gutters from the ground suddenly i dont notice them anymore.

So shall i go for it or not as i notice most gutters seem clear currently apart from an odd side which is generally filled with moss.

Had 2 gutter clearing jobs in a week, so was wondering if to mention when canvassing (that i do gutter clearance) as a few weeks back it seemed i could see problem gutters from the ground suddenly i dont notice them anymore.

So shall i go for it or not as i notice most gutters seem clear currently apart from an odd side which is generally filled with moss.
I would mention it if you can keep your pitch short. You never know you might get the odd gutter clean which could lead to a window clean especially if you 'include a 'FREE' window clean with the gutter clean' you can obviously add the cost of a window clean to your gutter quote ;).
You haven't really got anything to lose offering other services as well.

We do gutter vac work all year more so in the winter with gutters overflowing but if you see a problem now mention it as winter time you will probably be very busy so it spreads it out over the year .

Latest Posts

Back