Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiner 26cm Rinse Bar

Viggers

Anybody use them. Are they any good, was looking to get one to try out. do you keep pencil jets in and have rinse bar going at the same time or do you just use the rinse bar on top of the brush head. Any feedback welcome. is it quicker, leave good results etc many thanks 

I've personally never used a rinse bar. I couldn't see it doing anything a pair of fan jets wouldn't do much simpler ie produce a full brush width of water. Without all the tiny holes to block.

People used to rave about the rinse bars but I haven't seen them mentioned for ages. Possibly other folk came to the same conclusion. I can't say.

I have a rinse bar on one of my brushes. The jets at the end keep getting damaged/blocked down the brickwork surrounding the window frame. I've also damaged jets running along the top of the window frame on the overhanging brickwork. Some of the jets get blocked completely and others partially blocked send the water off in different directions.

I have a sharp needle that I use to reopen the jet holes.

They are fine for large panes of glass on commercial window cleans where the glass doesn't sit inside of a frame. Unfortunately we don't have any of those windows on our round. I bought this to try on our school clean we used to do.

When the jets are open I like the way they distribute the flow. That brush head also has a swivel attached to it and I find the combination works well. Would I buy another? No. In fact I haven't used that brush for ages and have contemplated taking the rinse bar off.

As @Davy Gsays above, rinse bars where hyped up a few years ago as the must have accessory. Nobody talks about them now and I understand why.

Anybody use them. Are they any good, was looking to get one to try out. do you keep pencil jets in and have rinse bar going at the same time or do you just use the rinse bar on top of the brush head. Any feedback welcome. is it quicker, leave good results etc many thanks 
I've tried many rinse bars and my verdict is rubbish waste of money.

Pencil jets all the way 

I've tried many rinse bars and my verdict is rubbish waste of money.

Pencil jets all the way 
I've got one stiff brush with fan jets. The other brushes have pencil jets which I prefer. My rinse bar brush has pencil jets I can swap onto.

We have another pole in the van with a flocked brush for leaded windows. That also has pencil and fan jets we can swap between. My son prefers his stiff brush so he takes the flocked one when we have a clean with leaded windows. He loves to remove lead with his stiff brush and I have to monitor each house we clean with leaded windows to check he takes the right pole.

They work well with the extreme sill brushes as extreme as shorter bristles I like them but then removed them to reduce weight due to arthritis.

with regards to flow the weight of the water isn’t as heavy as 2mm pencils but the rinse is heavier than 100 degree fans if you clean fast the on the glass they can work extremely well but as @spruceas mentioned the jets occasionally get blocked I had a fine needle on the van to unblock them. 

Personally I liked them once you get used to them even though I havnt used them for a while, Some cleaners prefer pencils or prefer fans. I feel lucky as I don’t usually encounter any problems with any jets TBH. 

Cheers for the feedback. Wont bother, sticking to my pencils ?
Fellow windies such as myself can only give you feedback based on their experience up to that time. Things can change and advise given today can be outdated or incorrect in the future.

I continually look at my round and think of other ways or other equipment that might help to do the job at hand more easily. So never write off the possibility of the rinse bar in the future.

The school clean we didn't get this year has large glass window panes in the atrium. (The windows weren't cleaned this year at all.) The rinse bar worked ok with those as its more inline with what it was designed to do. We lift off to rinse and at height this is does make the job easier. These glass panels are in aluminum box sections so running the brush down the sides and along the top didn't damage the jets at all. The school also has large sections of fiberglass type panels (cawl panels) enclosing the staircases to give light but not see through.

The rinsebar works well on those as well. This is the application it was purchased for.

Latest Posts

Back