Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Poorman's Camera Mount

Woody86

Hi Guys,

Just awaiting delivery of my skyvac but I havent opted for their camera option.

Now my idea is to use a chinese gopro and live stream over wifi to my phone. I have a spare pole in the back (ionic grafter) that I currently use to apply TFR to fascias with a DA components applicator. The bit im stuck at has been trying to find a 22mm european female mount that I can then use to mount the gopro.

Any ideas? 

I know that Gardiner have just started doing a gopro quick lock adapter. Seems a bit overkill to go euro thread to quick lock to quicklock gopro. 

Have you looked at 'generic' gopro mounts? There are some for bike handlebars that might fit 22mm round tube?

Altherantively have a look at the mounts that you cable tie/velcro to the gutter vac pole then you can see live without needing another pole or keep moving the extra pole?

That said a mount on the ionics pole might be handy to check the gutters while pricing?

Hi Guys,

Now my idea is to use a chinese gopro and live stream over wifi to my phone. I have a spare pole in the back (ionic grafter) that I currently use to apply TFR to fascias with a DA components applicator. The bit im stuck at has been trying to find a 22mm european female mount that I can then use to mount the gopro.

Any ideas? 
simple fix if you are desperate.

Get a jubilee clip and a piece of thin flat bar aluminium or buy a dirt cheap broom from a home hardware store and cut the broom handle socket off with a hacksaw as they are commonly Euro22 ACME 

Or an old angle adapter 

There's a way for anything just need to hone in on those skills 

Hi Guys,

Any ideas? 
simple fix if you are desperate.

Get a jubilee clip and a piece of thin flat bar aluminium or buy a dirt cheap broom from a home hardware store and cut the broom handle socket off with a hacksaw as they are commonly Euro22 ACME 

Or an old angle adapter 

There's a way for anything just need to hone in on those skills

Pretty much all action cameras have the same mounting system.

Providing you have the OEM camera mount you can make a whole host of clamps and fixtures or buy the basics from the dirty scumbags like amazon and eBay 

Generic pole / handlebar mounts 

Poundland mini tripods which you can butcher for 1/4" camera threaded fittings 

B&Q etc for hardware to make mounts like my modified gopro foot mounts affixed onto tool clamps or conduit brackets 

20201109_151950.jpg

IMG_20201106_155451_888.jpg

Sharing for anyone who is looking for a solution. Apw's solution looks spot on but I'm nowhere near as handy as him ?

Purchased the action mount adapter and pole adapter from Gardiner. It looks like it's a new release but here are some pictures.

The camera also connects via WiFi so I can view remotely.

The only thing I would say is that the plastic camera mount doesnt mate that well with the Gardiner action mount. I've had to put a bit of paper to take out the slack so that the camera doesn't freely move about.

Either way it's cheaper than the SkyCam so relatively happy.

IMG_20201112_135849.jpg

IMG_20201112_135912.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sharing for anyone who is looking for a solution. Apw's solution looks spot on but I'm nowhere near as handy as him ?

Purchased the action mount adapter and pole adapter from Gardiner. It looks like it's a new release but here are some pictures.

The only thing I would say is that the plastic camera mount doesnt mate that well with the Gardiner action mount. I've had to put a bit of paper to take out the slack so that the camera doesn't freely move about.

View attachment 22362

View attachment 22363
Can I make a valid point and one which goes against the grain of my normal recommendations and values .

You've purchased a task specific part from a window cleaning supplier so the price would of been inflated due to is narrow use margin. 

If you brought a cheap Chinese mount it would of been half the price.

Can I make a valid point and one which goes against the grain of my normal recommendations and values .

You've purchased a task specific part from a window cleaning supplier so the price would of been inflated due to is narrow use margin. 

If you brought a cheap Chinese mount it would of been half the price.
Yeah definately agree. I've also noticed that the Skyvac is actually a rebranded IPC hoover. Tried searching their website last night to see the "IPC" equivalent.

I could of saved about 7-8 quid but was in a crazy rush to get something sorted, plus you are much more handier than me ?

By the way I love that 360 world shot you shared above. Is that software driven from your camera or some clever Photoshop skills?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah definately agree. I've also noticed that the Skyvac is actually a rebranded IPC hoover. Tried searching their website last night to see the "IPC" equivalent.

I could of saved about 7-8 quid but was in a crazy rush to get something sorted, plus you are much more handier than me ?

By the way I love that 360 world shot you shared above. Is that software driven from your camera or some clever Photoshop skills?
I cheated and used my Ricoh Theta SC 360 degree twin lens camera 

View attachment 22362

View attachment 22363
Looks good and should be easy to attach to your wfp if you want to view gutters to do quote.

Looks good and should be easy to attach to your wfp if you want to view gutters to do quote.
I wouldn't ever use that camera for work. Way to expensive and the lenses need to be kept super clean and damage free. I just use my Gopro collection,

I wouldn't ever use that camera for work. Way to expensive and the lenses need to be kept super clean and damage free. I just use my Gopro collection,
Is it an expensive one? I have a session 5 but I wouldn't use that for work but I also have a SJ4000 which is great and fairly cheap. Latency isn't too bad either.

Latest Posts

Back