Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Battery Connections for DIY van mount systems

WCF

Help Support WCF:

AW Services

Another useful tip which may benefit those going about building and installing a DIY van mount system and the use of 12v leisure batteries to power water fed pole controllers & pumps.

This video is intended as a training aid and the steps and opinions are of my own.

Please don't be offended by references or items used within the video 

20201109_213245.jpg

My system is like spaghetti with the wiring, dread having to go in near it. Always fix what needs fixed and pawn off by saying I’ll sort it in the better weather ?

i just used these. from these i run a wire to a 12 volt fuse box with a negative block on it. then run all the wire to that nice and tidy. i did use a relay once but i was finding i was having to charge my battery almost all the time as i don't travel much for work so i scrapped it and just got a 2nd  battery and charger and just switch as and when i need to. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-PCS-12v-Leisure-Battery-Terminals-Connectors-Clamps-Car-4x4-Caravan-Motorhome/183931763508?hash=item2ad32ffb34:g:DMIAAOSwsc5dZQwg

Last edited by a moderator:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
i just used these. from these i run a wire to a 12 volt fuse box with a negative block on it. then run all the wire to that nice and tidy. i did use a relay once but i was finding i was having to charge my battery almost all the time as i don't travel much for work so i scrapped it and just got a 2nd  battery and charger and just switch as and when i need to. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-PCS-12v-Leisure-Battery-Terminals-Connectors-Clamps-Car-4x4-Caravan-Motorhome/183931763508?hash=item2ad32ffb34:g:DMIAAOSwsc5dZQwg
They are really good connectors, my only nag is they need to make the cable clamp plate a little thicker and to have a central bolt for attaching thinner cable 

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Latest Posts

Back