Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New boots suggestions?

Moor

I’m in the market for a new pair of boots, I can’t really find anything suitable though.

I do a fair amount of rural houses so it can be wet and muddy in the winter so I need something that’s easily cleanable and waterproof. Rigger boots looked ideal as I can tuck my trousers into them but I need to drive the van in them and they are all steel toe capped and pretty heavy and inflexible.

Ideally I want something slip on, and preferably that I can tuck my trousers in so I don’t need to wash them every day. Any suggestions?

I’m in the market for a new pair of boots, I can’t really find anything suitable though.

I do a fair amount of rural houses so it can be wet and muddy in the winter so I need something that’s easily cleanable and waterproof. Rigger boots looked ideal as I can tuck my trousers into them but I need to drive the van in them and they are all steel toe capped and pretty heavy and inflexible.

Ideally I want something slip on, and preferably that I can tuck my trousers in so I don’t need to wash them every day. Any suggestions?
https://muckbootcompany.co.uk/?gclid=CjwKCAiAkan9BRAqEiwAP9X6UdkrTAA7F9ZdSKvnAZMONd3mvSX3qb1FMOtbbpG_zAipu3pAplvTEhoCbw0QAvD_BwE
winter ankle boot. Spot on

Last edited by a moderator:

there is already a very well established thread on boots / footwear if you use the forum search box 

there is already a very well established thread on boots / footwear if you use the forum search box 
Thanks, I did search, there are indeed a few threads but all suggest the same type of walking type big bulky boots which is exactly what I don’t want, hence my question here.

A couple of pairs of wellies. One washed and one being worn. Cut them down if necessary to make them quick and easy to change.

Pair of moccasins, Crocks or slip on shoes for driving.

You'll have more footwear than Imelda Marcos but you can't have it all ways.

Or do as I think most of us do. Go to work in work boots. Armstrongs for me.

I used to always wear my Lowa GTX mountain boots but they are super pricey.

Now days I just wear Salomon Gore-Tex trainers

Less fatigue and less pain 

A couple of pairs of wellies. One washed and one being worn. Cut them down if necessary to make them quick and easy to change.

Pair of moccasins, Crocks or slip on shoes for driving.

You'll have more footwear than Imelda Marcos but you can't have it all ways.

Or do as I think most of us do. Go to work in work boots. Armstrongs for me.
I am wearing wellies for most of jobs at the moment, I wear trainers in spring/summer but it’s too wet for that now. Wellies, whilst practical and keep my feet dry, aren’t comfortable for the whole day and I don’t want to keep changing them to drive.

I used to wear work boots, I find them heavy though and my feet ache by the end of the day. I fear I’m searching for the holy grail, Minty’s suggestion looks pretty good though.

I used to always wear my Lowa GTX mountain boots but they are super pricey.

Now days I just wear Salomon Gore-Tex trainers

Less fatigue and less pain 
The Lowa boots, look very similar style to what I used to wear, a budget safety toed version though, trainers are good, they get ruined very quickly in most of my jobs though unfortunately.

I am wearing wellies for most of jobs at the moment, I wear trainers in spring/summer but it’s too wet for that now. Wellies, whilst practical and keep my feet dry, aren’t comfortable for the whole day and I don’t want to keep changing them to drive.

I used to wear work boots, I find them heavy though and my feet ache by the end of the day. I fear I’m searching for the holy grail, Minty’s suggestion looks pretty good though.

The Lowa boots, look very similar style to what I used to wear, a budget safety toed version though, trainers are good, they get ruined very quickly in most of my jobs though unfortunately.
have you looked into those orange wellies that are similar to artic Alaskan snow boots. They are meant to be lined comfy and warm 

Whatever you buy just make sure it's full grain leather, nothing ever manages to Compare to full grain leather. I've had expensive and cheap, gortex the lot, but all boots that have some sort of fabric as the main material have always leaked, even the expensive ones. 

Nothing can come close to full grain leather which is cleaned and "dubbined" regularly. I'm on decathlon ones that came highly recommended on the net (no longer available) they cost £50, the uppers have been that good that I'm having them resoled due to wear and tear over a few years. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lakeland-Active-Hayton-Field-Ankle/dp/B08HQSJ642/ref=sr_1_13?crid=QIY2IEYCES8V&dchild=1&keywords=lakeland+active+wellington+boots&qid=1605120063&sprefix=lakeland+%2Caps%2C177&sr=8-13

I wear these boots when I'm walking over grass and they are great and good to drive in. ?

I do have brilliant pair of boots feet never get wet and always warm, but they are cr@-p to drive in. 

Are they warm in the midst of winter as I hate wet frozen toes.

they don’t do .5 half sizes do they come up small/big? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back