Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pricing commercial builders cleans

Hi people. I wondered if anyone could give me some advice as to pricing a builders clean on an Aldi store, thanks ?
Look at it and what ever you think the price should be x it by 3 most jobs like this are more hassle than they are worth we dont  do stuff like this anymore , but if you go for it  make sure you thoroughly examine every pain of glass at quoting stage for scratches as they will try and blame you for anything untoward . 

I have been told this! But I mean surely if I mention that any damage found Is not my responsibility or caused by me? Maybe I could get them to agree in writing??

Thanks a lot for replying ?

I have been told this! But I mean surely if I mention that any damage found Is not my responsibility or caused by me? Maybe I could get them to agree in writing??

Problem is they tend to work on the principal that you as the window cleaner touched it last so you are to blame , if you  can get something in writing then hopefully you will be ok but doubt they will agree to that . 

Problem is they tend to work on the principal that you as the window cleaner touched it last so you are to blame , if you  can get something in writing then hopefully you will be ok but doubt they will agree to that . 
Where there's blame there's a claim. Better to escape the builders clean and leave the hassle to someone else. I always wondered why a builder doesn't get an employee to clean the windows? ?

I wouldn't count on that, I used to do builders clean and spoke to the site manager about some damage which I assumed had been caused by the lads who had rendered the house he turned round and said not possible as the windows weren't in at the time and walked off, the render was up to the window frame as you would expect.

If you want the job then make sure your insurance will cover you for damage to the item been cleaned then you'll have no worries.

Hi people. I wondered if anyone could give me some advice as to pricing a builders clean on an Aldi store, thanks ?
Full site visit survey and walk around with the Aldi services manager and note any building defects or damages and their expectations.

When you arrive at a final quote figure and job completion time frame. quadruple it 

I wouldn't count on that, I used to do builders clean and spoke to the site manager about some damage which I assumed had been caused by the lads who had rendered the house he turned round and said not possible as the windows weren't in at the time and walked off, the render was up to the window frame as you would expect.

If you want the job then make sure your insurance will cover you for damage to the item been cleaned then you'll have no worries.
No mate! If you are insured and make a claim you'll probably be paying higher premiums for years.

I'd walk away and find other work. It's out there. The window cleaner is last in the line of workers and will almost certainly get the blame. I wouldn't be walking into that potential trap and the worry and stress that goes with it.

No mate! If you are insured and make a claim you'll probably be paying higher premiums for years.

I'd walk away and find other work. It's out there. The window cleaner is last in the line of workers and will almost certainly get the blame. I wouldn't be walking into that potential trap and the worry and stress that goes with it.
well said 

I would personally walk, but I consider it prudent to have appropriate to have sufficient cover then if the custy is adamant on a claimed been filed then if it proceeds to a loss adjustor then they will no doubt through the claim out based on damaged caused and hopefully no increase in premiums was my thinking 

Hi Levi I will give you one example i did a builders Clean about 2 months ago brand new House . Massive 5 bedroom with a lot of Glass . I looked around first found a few scratches on the frames and Glass I showed the owner he said OK . I did the clean and halfway round I found a 2 major scratches on the balcony glass that was hidden by massive plant pots , I had sprayed water on the glass already but I went to get the owner and show him he said OK I can see you have not started so must of been there . When I put my bill in somehow the builder had convinced the owner the other way even though it was the builder who was paying  . After a lot of calls and messages the builder paid after 6 weeks . Utter **** take he only paid when I said I would take 2 Massive plants away as payment of the drive .  Never have I had problems with anyone until this guy . My advice steer clear , As other Guys stated they look to blame anyone , why would you build a house and can not clean the windows yourself . As stated in one of the messages final person to touch the house gets the  blame for any Damage  . Sorry so long but you need to watch your back with these guys .

I occasionally do some for a local property developer and have built up a trusting relationship with them. I also do their offices and some apartments they built and now manage.

I always point out any damage as it appears to the site manager and sometimes get the add on job of polishing out the scratches.

The advice given to point out scratches prior to cleaning wouldn't be much use on anything I've cleaned as there is so much filth, dust, stickers, paint splatter, cement, plaster, glue etc that it is virtually impossible to notice until the clean is done.

If it was a new enquiry I would definitely explain that in writing and make it clear you will not be accepting any liability for existing scratches or other damage that become apparent after cleaning. If they do not accept those terms I wouldn't waste a minute of my time sizing the job up.

Back