Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiner Capsule jet support for univalve

windowsurfer

Have hot fed up with jet capsules popping out, or just having the fear of them going to pop. I know some have a good system stopper at the gooseneck, but this might be a good back up system.

Noticed the jet hose t piece have two holes, drilled them out with 4mm drill to get cable ties through. Had to use two ties, as ones I bought too short. Pull enough tension on them so when you pull univalve on/off its tugging on t piece. (As well as having a o clip where hose comes out of goose neck)

A better idea would be a loop that can go through the screws on brush stock, n go through the holes on  the piece,as that would give a neater n straighter pull on the tpiece. Perhaps strimmer line.

20201109_131535.jpg

Yes the brush in picture is not a jet capsules, I practiced on this one first.

Have you tried the close coupled jet hose as supplied by Gardiner. I've had no issues with jet capsules popping apart since using these. The hose grip mentioned in the above post is also pictured

20200317_142204.jpg

20200317_142244.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes it works well but is difficult to remove if needing to change the goose neck . That’s ware @Skxawng hose grips come in simple design and removed in a couple of seconds .
no need to remove it...........gardiner poles come with a john guest fitting near the top of the pole hose so its dead easy to change goosenecks even with an o ring attached(as you dont remove that bit of pole hose that goes through the gooseneck)

no need to remove it...........gardiner poles come with a john guest fitting near the top of the pole hose so its dead easy to change goosenecks even with an o ring attached(as you dont remove that bit of pole hose that goes through the gooseneck)
We use the hose less system that won’t work with that 

I'm a newbie. Have tubeless system and uni valve fitted in my SLX . I use gardiner gooseneck and brushes. To change gooseneck is easy  just undo and change, or am I missing something!

20201113_155422.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
if i change a gooseneck i change it for a 10in carbon one so i can get windows with deep ledges....easy swapped out from my normal standard plastic angle adaptor....takes less than a min......

I keep thinking this and wondering why everyone else is struggling. Everything comes to bits in seconds being able to change goosenecks, brushes etc

We use the hose less system that won’t work with that 
Why not??

I keep thinking this and wondering why everyone else is struggling. Everything comes to bits in seconds being able to change goosenecks, brushes etc

Why not??
With the hoseless system the pole hose is attached to the bottom of the top pole section and there is no free movement in the pole hose , if using a twin-ear clamp to hold the hose on the goose neck you would have to cut that off to be able to remove the goose neck , it’s a right faff using @Skxawng system it comes off in seconds 

With the hoseless system the pole hose is attached to the bottom of the top pole section and there is no free movement in the pole hose , if using a twin-ear clamp to hold the hose on the goose neck you would have to cut that off to be able to remove the goose neck , it’s a right faff using @Skxawng system it comes off in seconds 
Not when there’s a push fit just inside the gooseneck. 

Not when there’s a push fit just inside the gooseneck. 
That’s the whole point you cannot pull the goose neck out to disconnect it  as the two ear clamp is in the way the hose needs to be held top and bottom of the top section it’s difficult to explain , but I have tried it and @Skxawng fittings are brilliant it grips the hose but pull off the clip and it comes off in seconds 

The reason I made the hose stops was because I was working on a tubeless kit and it needed to be clamped at the top to work. Exceed uses a piece of plastic with a hole in it to grip it by friction in their tubeless kits. A simple solution but not perfect. A tubeless kit, as @Pjj found out prevents your gooseneck from being removed easily- hence the need for an easily removable clamp. 

I actually finished it and sold some tubeless kits but eventually decided to go back to the drawing board as I had many ideas to improve it. 

As part of the new tubeless kit I'm working on- I'm almost finished on a new improved hose stop with no glue that can fail in cold weather and no clip that can fall out. 

The reason I made the hose stops was because I was working on a tubeless kit and it needed to be clamped at the top to work. Exceed uses a piece of plastic with a hole in it to grip it by friction in their tubeless kits. A simple solution but not perfect. A tubeless kit, as @Pjj found out prevents your gooseneck from being removed easily- hence the need for an easily removable clamp. 

I actually finished it and sold some tubeless kits but eventually decided to go back to the drawing board as I had many ideas to improve it. 

As part of the new tubeless kit I'm working on- I'm almost finished on a new improved hose stop with no glue that can fail in cold weather and no clip that can fall out. 
Ex ceed now supply the stops at the top on my photo. They do slide off if needed

Hopefully I've been of some help. Never sure being new to this game. But if it helps others!
It's about time one of the big suppliers made something to solve this fairly longstanding issue. I wasn't expecting it to look quite so similar to my solution but I guess that must just be the best way to do it. I'm kinda expecting Gardiners to eventually come up with some clamp that is built into the gooseneck. We'll see i suppose. 

Yes hopefully the big players keep "taking the service forward" to listen to their customers requirements to make their job easier.

I'm looking forward to a hydraulic jacket that supports your muscles when working especially when using 35ft poles at 45degree angles. 

Do many people actually change there capsules?

I just use pencil jets whatever I’m doing so not really seeing the benefit of these capsules. Just seems all downside to me as never had a problem with the fixed jets

Back