Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New jobs coming in down by about 50% this week . How's everyone else ?

Perhaps it's the lockdown efect? Perhaps people are worried for their jobs, or just thinking about the cost of Christmas.

We are the busiest we have ever been in 21 years lockdown for some reason has at least doubled the enquires we are getting , just got in and a further 8 email enquires just during the day today with 5 phone messages 

We are the busiest we have ever been in 21 years lockdown for some reason has at least doubled the enquires we are getting , just got in and a further 8 email enquires just during the day today with 5 phone messages 
I need a piece of that! I’ve picked up two yesterday, one today plus potentially another. That’s the most successful week I’ve had for many weeks, probably months. 

There is so much talk of Christmas in the media I think people are not thinking of now just Christmas!!! 
I personally think Christmas will be cancelled this year if the cases rise, I see on the news that the Welsh were let loose from their lockdown and ran to the pubs and cafes, 

I don’t think Christmas is a big deal as there's another next year 

That's awesome , I feel like my area is trying to be care Full with their money but I will just do more advertising as my pricing is competitive. 

Same here, with gutter clears. Got one great window clean job each month in a new estate and I think it will lead to far more. Getting fed up with a few messers which I would like to get shot of.

Not setting the world alight stuff but averaging two new jobs a week without trying which is fine for me as I am busy enough, but I lost a few with people moving house.

Agreed with the OP.

We have seen residential enquiries reduce over the last month or so.

Firstly, this time around Nov is historically poor for sales and spending in respect of business to customer sales.

I have recorded that we are having more higher priced jobs accepted for larger, more affluent and more complex properties. We are also closing more full clean jobs inc gutters which are higher prices.

This is partly due to the fact that there is a high number of new start ups appearing in recent months because of Covid and summer.

I keep a permanent eye out for good used systems for expansion and the number of used equipment is increasing suggesting a drop off in people sticking at it.

Finally, as pjj said, we are also busier than we have ever been owing a significant portion to various commercial clients inc some powered access work for large contractors.

In summary, it’s been quiet overall in respect to volume of enquiries but the loss seems to be the lower end more commonly serviced by the new start ups.

as an example we returned a quote to someone with a 4 bed semi for which we do many of the same design at £18/ 6 weekly. He replied to say that’s a ‘huge’ amount more than others have quoted.

as per usual, it will pass as many new start ups refine areas, client type, get too busy, go bust and the same applies for other established people too. I was offered a lot of local work by one a few years old just a few weeks ago. Said cleaner is too busy.

just keep going offering the best standard of service you can for a price you deem sufficient for your personal reward. Over time the clients who are best suited to your way of working will arrive and stay.

Ive been turning enquiries away...I cant be bothered...I'm busy enough after my holiday....any job that I might take on up until xmas will be scheduled for next year to avoid  the xmas one off brigade....

I wouldnt get too worried. One minute it can be quiet the next you can be flat out. Just the nature of the business. If you get too worried then perhaps do a bit of leaflet dropping. Or just put your feet up and enjoy the rest.

Ive been turning enquiries away...I cant be bothered...I'm busy enough after my holiday....any job that I might take on up until xmas will be scheduled for next year to avoid  the xmas one off brigade....
Opportunity wasted. I haven’t taken on work for over two years, in fact I’ve sold a big chunk of my round off.

Any new enquiries I now sell on to another windie I’m friendly with. 

As Dire Straights said ‘Money for nothing’ ??‍?

Opportunity wasted. I haven’t taken on work for over two years, in fact I’ve sold a big chunk of my round off.

Any new enquiries I now sell on to another windie I’m friendly with. 

As Dire Straights said ‘Money for nothing’ ??‍?
i have given another windys number out to new enquiries in the past....he doesnt want them either!too busy!

Morning everyone since the whole covid pandemic started my business has increased by 22.3%. 

More people are home looking out dirty windows. If you want growth this is the time to get your marketing out there on a constant basis.

Hope everyone is doing good.

Back