Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Canvassing during lockdown

Hyzer373

Hi guys I’m thinking of starting canvassing again as I’ve been dumping some of the messers, I really want to build my round to be more solid & reliable.

Have any of you been canvassing while all this lockdown/covid situation is ongoing? 
Would you say it’s best to wear a mask or gloves, or do you just carry on as normal but obviously stand back a bit? 
really strange times just wondering if I should use a mask etc... 

I was thinking of starting canvassing like from March when it’s all calmed down but I don’t really want to wait around, need to get building, my round is nowhere near what I want it to be! 

Not sure if it’s a good idear or not at the moment ?. Is it legal at this time ???? Give it a go some might be funny about it , if they are just apologise and say sorry didn’t mean to cause offence just trying to provide for my family and need a bit more work .  I personally wouldn’t wear a mask as I feel from the house holders point of view it could look a bit dodgy , you are outside is just stand back a bit . If living in a high covid area might be best not to do it at this time , hope it works out ok for you let us know what you decide and how it goes . 

As far as I know you can still canvass legally providing you're wearing full PPE and social distancing.

Whether people will respond well to it or not is a different question all together and I think it depends on your area.

I'm looking to hire a canvassing team and get out on the doors soon and will see what the response is like. If its awful I guess I'll have to go back to the old drawing board.

As far as I know you can still canvass legally providing you're wearing full PPE and social distancing.

Whether people will respond well to it or not is a different question all together and I think it depends on your area.

I'm looking to hire a canvassing team and get out on the doors soon and will see what the response is like. If its awful I guess I'll have to go back to the old drawing board.
Full PPE? Just wear a face mask.  Don't scare potential customers 

20201112_164459.jpg

Hi guys I’m thinking of starting canvassing again as I’ve been dumping some of the messers, I really want to build my round to be more solid & reliable.

Have any of you been canvassing while all this lockdown/covid situation is ongoing? 
Would you say it’s best to wear a mask or gloves, or do you just carry on as normal but obviously stand back a bit? 
really strange times just wondering if I should use a mask etc... 

I was thinking of starting canvassing like from March when it’s all calmed down but I don’t really want to wait around, need to get building, my round is nowhere near what I want it to be! 
In all seriousness just get once of them face shield things and stand back from the door and it will be fine.

If you do end up with alot of complaints then reevaluate it

When I have been canvassing recently I have found that the majority of customers have been completely fine with it in. Providing you keep a safe distance. 

i picked up 4 new today,    following flyer drop off a couple of days ago. give them chance to read flyer and xtras you do.       be quick after flyer drop off.   someone may get to them before you.     

i picked up 4 new today,    following flyer drop off a couple of days ago. give them chance to read flyer and xtras you do.       be quick after flyer drop off.   someone may get to them before you.     
Im suprised u still only got the 1 van on the road

I went out yesterday and picked up 12 new customers ready to be cleaned on Friday on a regular 6 weekly clean at an average price of £13 mix of semis and detached 3-4 bed properties not sure if my pricing is right although they are all easy gated access. Aiming to pick up 40 new customers this weekend and monday ready for next week. Just started out the start of this month have 60 customers so far all from canvassing. Hopefully they will stick, made it clear that it is a regular service not just a one of. 

I went out yesterday and picked up 12 new customers ready to be cleaned on Friday on a regular 6 weekly clean at an average price of £13 mix of semis and detached 3-4 bed properties not sure if my pricing is right although they are all easy gated access. Aiming to pick up 40 new customers this weekend and monday ready for next week. Just started out the start of this month have 60 customers so far all from canvassing. Hopefully they will stick, made it clear that it is a regular service not just a one of. 
Cor thats good going. Round my area I estimate it would take knocking over 1000 doors to get 12 new custys. (beings how saturated it is here, which always surprises me as its low unemployment area. Mind you, self employment has always been strong out here)

Cor thats good going. Round my area I estimate it would take knocking over 1000 doors to get 12 new custys. (beings how saturated it is here, which always surprises me as its low unemployment area. Mind you, self employment has always been strong out here)
I'm based in South Wales mainly been targeting the cardiff area seems to be a good area for window cleaning doesn't seem to get canvassed much also been targeting a lot of new build areas. I do have a bit of an advantage being that I used to canvass for a home improvement company before the lockdown I'm quite thick skinned and enjoy the canvassing more than the cleaning did a bit of window cleaning and driveway cleaning for a friend of mine a few years ago and thought why not have a go myself now that my normal work has dried up. So far it's going quite well. 

I used to canvass for a home improvement company before the lockdown I'm quite thick skinned and enjoy the canvassing more than the cleaning did a bit of window cleaning and driveway cleaning for a friend of mine a few years ago and thought why not have a go myself now that my normal work has dried up. So far it's going quite well
Sounds like you are doing very well. Any tips on canvassing?

Sounds like you are doing very well. Any tips on canvassing?
The main thing is not to get disheartend keep going till you get a result. Always set yourself a target if you dont hit the target you will still get more than with out one. I think a lot of the time people lose a lot of customers when they are speaking to one partner and they say ill speak to the wife/husband and get back to you they never do things come up and they forget. With these type of leads I always say thats fine let me give you a price have a chat with your partner in your own time and ill give you a call a day before im due to clean your street to check if your happy to go ahead if not thats fine to dont put any pressure on them. Find a lot of them come on and it gives them time to think about it. Always try and canvass a few days in advance of cleaning you dont want to rush into it more chance of cancellations. Never give times always say I'm very busy ill be round some time between 9-5 Get customers trained from the start.

Sounds like your on the right path. Keep putting boots to the ground.

Remember to follow up with the people that showed interest but didnt bit at the moment. Your follow up game is where you will close even more clients.

Keep us updated on your progress!

Yes my man i have been out knocking the doors every one is in.  So getting great results.  I have increased my round in the last six weeks by 130 new customers I can not believe my luck.   i have a mask around my neck  not over my face i knock the doors and stand back.    The people are fine  as long as you keep your distance. Good luck and hope you get lots of results.  Carl   from smearclear.co.uk  

Sounds like your on the right path. Keep putting boots to the ground.

Remember to follow up with the people that showed interest but didnt bit at the moment. Your follow up game is where you will close even more clients.

Keep us updated on your progress!
Need to get the prices right £15 for two and three bedroom extra £4 for conservatries not roofs that's £25  just for the roof  Four bedroom are £20  town houses £25 these prices are old prices so any lower than this you are doing your self misfortune   Carl smearclear.co.uk

Back