Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Where do i go from here...

Hi. Can i just say thank you to everyone whos on this forum for helping me so far. I read very old posts and hardly contribute much myself as im still a newby really.

so far all i do is pressure washing and i love it, but the seasonal thing is killing me. I do have a side job so im only part time anyway but still i prefer to be busy all months.

ive been debating for a while between getting a gutter vac (i would have bought one by now but gvs are out of stock) and pushing that aswell as fascia cleaning. OR set up WFP and get a little round going. 

Ive just test my water at home and its 34ppm out of the tap.... would a simple double DI system get that down to zero? Im also on a water meter so it does appeal to have no waste water. Plus il only be aiming for one day a week on the windows. Do you think double DI would be the best way for me to go?

damn sorry for the long post. Im not very knowledgable when it comes to pure water

thanks again

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi. Can i just say thank you to everyone whos on this forum for helping me so far. I read very old posts and hardly contribute much myself as im still a newby really.

so far all i do is pressure washing and i love it, but the seasonal thing is killing me. I do have a side job so im only part time anyway but still i prefer to be busy all months.

ive been debating for a while between getting a gutter vac (i would have bought one by now but gvs are out of stock) and pushing that aswell as fascia cleaning. OR set up WFP and get a little round going. 

Ive just test my water at home and its 34ppm out of the tap.... would a simple double DI system get that down to zero? Im also on a water meter so it does appeal to have no waste water. Plus il only be aiming for one day a week on the windows. Do you think double DI would be the best way for me to go?

damn sorry for the long post. Im not very knowledgable when it comes to pure water

thanks again
Good evening and hope you're well.

Stay in touch with GVS as they will surely have a delivery soon. Also the Panther is due out, Julia will keep you updated on stock @GVS Julia Martin

Yes with your low PPM reading you are the lucky one as your overall outgoing on equipment will be slightly less.

Get yourself 2x 11Ltr DI's I'm sure Doug @doug atkinson will do you a good deal

Also I highly recommend you get a double 10" filter cartridge system with a carbon block & 5 micron sediment filter setup to remove the chlorine and crud in your water which will aid the lifespan or your resin. 

Have a great evening 

Austin 

An idea of setup below for you 

Polish_20201112_170250624.jpg

Oh wow thanks austin. I will definately  look into the double cartridge system before the DI. 

Like i said im in the debating stage so trying to cost things up and see the pros and cons of both. I only ordered the tds meter to rule out WFP, but was shocked to see how low it was!! Happy days.

im eagerly awaiting info on the gvs panther, gutted i missed out on the compact to be honest. 

Good evening and hope you're well.

Stay in touch with GVS as they will surely have a delivery soon. Also the Panther is due out, Julia will keep you updated on stock @GVS Julia Martin

Yes with your low PPM reading you are the lucky one as your overall outgoing on equipment will be slightly less.

Get yourself 2x 11Ltr DI's I'm sure Doug @doug atkinson will do you a good deal

Also I highly recommend you get a double 10" filter cartridge system with a carbon block & 5 micron sediment filter setup to remove the chlorine and crud in your water which will aid the lifespan or your resin. 

Have a great evening 

Austin 

An idea of setup below for you 

View attachment 22365
Have you actually done any data to see if carbon prolongs the life. I do know some resins are prone to attack of Chlorine and some are not.

So do you double DI the water straight to your tank then just a delivery system from there?

im sold on it hearing them figures! Im guessing i wont be using much more than 1200 litres per month

I would say still use a sediment and 5 micron pre  filters regardless of TDS , it’s good practice as a catch all in case the water authority have any burst pipes or doing any work on the surrounding water mains if you dont you will end up with a tank full of very dirty water  , it only costs a few pounds well with the expense 

I would say still use a sediment and 5 micron pre  filters regardless of TDS , it’s good practice as a catch all in case the water authority have any burst pipes or doing any work on the surrounding water mains if you dont you will end up with a tank full of very dirty water  , it only costs a few pounds well with the expense 
Totally agree had a burst water main by me had brown water from the tap most of the day. They gave out bottled water to use as drinking water   

Totally agree had a burst water main by me had brown water from the tap most of the day. They gave out bottled water to use as drinking water   
I recently had the main in our road contaminated by a digger hitting it, the water was like a clay milkshake. Also my road has all 1930s built homes but the fields at the end of the road were all magically brought and massive housing developments appeared, with all the plant equipment and trucks driving up and down the road the main has failed twice causing contamination.

I'm glad I have prefilters installed in my setup. Cost effective and invaluable in my opinion 

What would you say is the limit ppm for going DI over RO? I get 100ppm from tap in Wolverhampton.

I’m currently buying my water, using 2000ltrs a month (part timer). But trying to set up filter now I got a garage.

Would a double DI with pre filter suffice like what you suggested earlier? 

So do you double DI the water straight to your tank then just a delivery system from there?

im sold on it hearing them figures! Im guessing i wont be using much more than 1200 litres per month
Yes!that's all you need mate!it takes me 30 mins to purify 500L of water for my next days work....I use one huge 25L vessel and when the tds starts to rise I use 2 vessels before going back to the one vessel when one of the vessels gets to my tap tds....I dont keep the vessels in the van..just purify straight into my tank...?

It's the easiest/most convenient way to purify your water...

What would you say is the limit ppm for going DI over RO? I get 100ppm from tap in Wolverhampton.

I’m currently buying my water, using 2000ltrs a month (part timer). But trying to set up filter now I got a garage.

If your on a water meter then DI only could be ok for you(no waste water from RO)...also DI only is just so damn quick and easy compared to faffing around with RO systems.....

If this is cheaper than what you pay now then definitely worth it.

You can make that even cheaper if you use double di vessels.

Screenshot_20201113-093635_Samsung Internet.jpg

If this is cheaper than what you pay now then definitely worth it.

You can make that even cheaper if you use double di vessels.

View attachment 22374
That’s a nifty little calculator. I’ve never seen that before.

That will probably be considerably less as I get it at 3p/ltr.

And fortunately I'm not on a water meter so it sounds like I can start producing my own water by the end of the month ?

Thank you all for your awesome advice. Ive decided to go down the gutter vac route and invest in a decent wfp for fsg cleaning and push for this type of work for now then hopefully if profits are good invest into actual window cleaning summertime. 

Im deffo going down the double DI route when the time comes. Thank you all one again ?

Back