Who can recommend an insurance company?

Hyzer373

Just wondering what company you guys use for insurance, like public liability insurance, do they cover glass if any customer ever said there’s a scratch? 
how much does it cost yearly? 
One I have at the moment doesn’t cover that much but is cheap, I’m thinking of getting proper cover just incase anything ever happened.

18 minutes ago, Hyzer373 said:

Just wondering what company you guys use for insurance, like public liability insurance, do they cover glass if any customer ever said there’s a scratch? 
how much does it cost yearly? 
One I have at the moment doesn’t cover that much but is cheap, I’m thinking of getting proper cover just incase anything ever happened.

Just be aware that what ever insurance you get the excess with most will be £250 so it’s generally not worth claiming anyway unless you damage a plate glass 3 k window 

21 minutes ago, Pjj said:

Just be aware that what ever insurance you get the excess with most will be £250 so it’s generally not worth claiming anyway unless you damage a plate glass 3 k window 

Cheers, so is it prob best to just stick with cheap basically public liability?

something else I thought is if a customer tried to claim you scratched the glass, how could they ever prove it? 
same with if they said you damaged a door, or window sill? Like anyone could try say you damaged something when you haven’t...

just looking to cover myself really incase of any chancers, what’s the basic insurance I need, I only do residential.

Edited by Hyzer373
1 minute ago, Hyzer373 said:

Cheers, so is it prob best to just stick with cheap basically public liability?

something else I thought it if a customer tried to claim you scratched the glass, how could they ever prove it? 
same with if they said you damaged a door, or window sill? Like anyone could try say you damaged something when you haven’t...

just looking to cover myself really incase of any chancers, what’s the basic insurance I need, I only do residential.

Gleaming insurance are very popular and will cover the glass you are working on but again the excess is around £250 , they are expensive , the cheaper companies that don’t cover the glass that you are working on are half the price but also have the £250 excess , personally when I was a sole trader I went with the cheapest company so I was legally covered and if I ever damaged someone property I would have paid for  it out if my pocket ,   Insurance starts at 1 million cover this is fine for domestic ,but if you expand into commercial most will require 5 million minimum theses days . 

You need to assess the type of properties you are cleaning and not just stump for the cheapest, I do conny roofs with glass units over 2 meters long and have a job with a porch window that is the size of a shop front window these are very expensive units, Gleaming isn't that much more expensive than the cheap firms who don't cover the item you are cleaning for the sake of an extra £50 a year lets say why not just stump up for a better level of cover. 

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
34 minutes ago, Quickwindowclean said:

I used to go with simply Business.

Been looking at Gleaming insurance

Any other recommended?

Thanks!.

recommendations mean didly squit as your circumstances may differ from someone else

Bans 

Age of vehicle 

Cost of vehicle 

What you want cover for 

Convictions 

DR10 and so on 

Gleaming hands done winners for me even added tool cover at a lesser price than simply business who also never offered

• 2 weeks later...
Quickwindowclean
On 12/11/2020 at 18:34, Apw1210 said:

recommendations mean didly squit as your circumstances may differ from someone else

Bans 

Age of vehicle 

Cost of vehicle 

What you want cover for 

Convictions 

DR10 and so on 

Hi mate not vehicle insurance. Public and employers liability etc sorry maybe I wasbt clear enough.

On 12/11/2020 at 19:36, PDixon cvs said:

Gleaming hands done winners for me even added tool cover at a lesser price than simply business who also never offered

Yeah they were most competitive to be fair

Simply Business were 50% more expensive Alexander swan weren't too bad about 15 percent more.