Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Who can recommend an insurance company?

Hyzer373

Just wondering what company you guys use for insurance, like public liability insurance, do they cover glass if any customer ever said there’s a scratch? 
how much does it cost yearly? 
One I have at the moment doesn’t cover that much but is cheap, I’m thinking of getting proper cover just incase anything ever happened.

Just wondering what company you guys use for insurance, like public liability insurance, do they cover glass if any customer ever said there’s a scratch? 
One I have at the moment doesn’t cover that much but is cheap, I’m thinking of getting proper cover just incase anything ever happened.
Just be aware that what ever insurance you get the excess with most will be £250 so it’s generally not worth claiming anyway unless you damage a plate glass 3 k window 

Just be aware that what ever insurance you get the excess with most will be £250 so it’s generally not worth claiming anyway unless you damage a plate glass 3 k window 
Cheers, so is it prob best to just stick with cheap basically public liability?

something else I thought is if a customer tried to claim you scratched the glass, how could they ever prove it? 
same with if they said you damaged a door, or window sill? Like anyone could try say you damaged something when you haven’t...

just looking to cover myself really incase of any chancers, what’s the basic insurance I need, I only do residential.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers, so is it prob best to just stick with cheap basically public liability?

something else I thought it if a customer tried to claim you scratched the glass, how could they ever prove it? 
same with if they said you damaged a door, or window sill? Like anyone could try say you damaged something when you haven’t...

just looking to cover myself really incase of any chancers, what’s the basic insurance I need, I only do residential.
Gleaming insurance are very popular and will cover the glass you are working on but again the excess is around £250 , they are expensive , the cheaper companies that don’t cover the glass that you are working on are half the price but also have the £250 excess , personally when I was a sole trader I went with the cheapest company so I was legally covered and if I ever damaged someone property I would have paid for  it out if my pocket ,   Insurance starts at 1 million cover this is fine for domestic ,but if you expand into commercial most will require 5 million minimum theses days . 

You need to assess the type of properties you are cleaning and not just stump for the cheapest, I do conny roofs with glass units over 2 meters long and have a job with a porch window that is the size of a shop front window these are very expensive units, Gleaming isn't that much more expensive than the cheap firms who don't cover the item you are cleaning for the sake of an extra £50 a year lets say why not just stump up for a better level of cover. 

I used to go with simply Business.

Been looking at Gleaming insurance

Any other recommended?

Thanks!.
recommendations mean didly squit as your circumstances may differ from someone else

Bans 

Age of vehicle 

Cost of vehicle 

What you want cover for 

Convictions 

DR10 and so on 

recommendations mean didly squit as your circumstances may differ from someone else

Bans 

Age of vehicle 

Cost of vehicle 

What you want cover for 

Convictions 

DR10 and so on 
Hi mate not vehicle insurance. Public and employers liability etc sorry maybe I wasbt clear enough.

Gleaming hands done winners for me even added tool cover at a lesser price than simply business who also never offered
Yeah they were most competitive to be fair

Simply Business were 50% more expensive Alexander swan weren't too bad about 15 percent more.

I'm with Aplan and have 4 policies. I think they are very good and reasonable. Never claimed though. 

Sorry to raise an old thread but seemed that this might be perfect place.

So looked at Gleaming for Public Liability etc and quote about £250 (but good cover for all cleaning and addons) . Tried Compare the Meerkat as they now do windy! Quotes start at £80! Then tried Alaxender Swan (just windows) - messaged as weekend, no response Monday, emailed Tuesday - they called back took details said get back on Wed by phone and email. Now it's Thursday and nothing from them!!!!! Sends alarm bells ringing if they can't even be bothered to get a quote so they can earn!!! How good would they be if you had to make a claim????

So I suppose question is is it worth contacting Alpha and Simply Business or just play safe and go Gleaming or any other suggestions?

Cheers

Sorry to raise an old thread but seemed that this might be perfect place.

So looked at Gleaming for Public Liability etc and quote about £250 (but good cover for all cleaning and addons) . Tried Compare the Meerkat as they now do windy! Quotes start at £80! Then tried Alaxender Swan (just windows) - messaged as weekend, no response Monday, emailed Tuesday - they called back took details said get back on Wed by phone and email. Now it's Thursday and nothing from them!!!!! Sends alarm bells ringing if they can't even be bothered to get a quote so they can earn!!! How good would they be if you had to make a claim????

So I suppose question is is it worth contacting Alpha and Simply Business or just play safe and go Gleaming or any other suggestions?

Cheers
A big vote for gleaming here. Not only does the insurance cover you for on the glass, but their tool cover is new for old. Also, if you ever have questions or concerns, they get back to you same day when you email in. Would highly recommend Martin & Gleaming!  

I have all my vans with Alexander swan and have made a couple of claims they have always been brilliant also have all my other insurances with them , always found them on the ball and efficient I would thoroughly recommend them , very surprised you have experienced what you have with them  

I have all my vans with Alexander swan and have made a couple of claims they have always been brilliant also have all my other insurances with them , always found them on the ball and efficient I would thoroughly recommend them , very surprised you have experienced what you have with them  
Cheers, that's good to know. I might give them a nudge.

Alexander Swan 01793616773

Jade will do you a very honest and affordable quote for PLI and trade vehicle insurance

Alexander Swan 01793616773

Jade will do you a very honest and affordable quote for PLI and trade vehicle insurance
I filled in their quote form over weekend, nothing, filled in quote form again and received a call from Jade, she takes all details, says will call and send email next day as it was 4:30. That was Wednesday, nothing since!! 

I did message then as you had posted you had decent price and were reasonable company ? 

Might give them a nudge today but doesn't give me a good feeling when they don't do what they say they will and that's to get money from me!!!

Cheers

I filled in their quote form over weekend, nothing, filled in quote form again and received a call from Jade, she takes all details, says will call and send email next day as it was 4:30. That was Wednesday, nothing since!! 

I did message then as you had posted you had decent price and were reasonable company ? 

Might give them a nudge today but doesn't give me a good feeling when they don't do what they say they will and that's to get money from me!!!

Cheers
Forget online quote forms. Physically call them talk to them and you'll most likely get better pricing

Back