Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Longer hose for Skyvac Atom

wezza13

I've been clearing lots of gutters over this last few weeks and still have a load more jobs to do. A lot of my customers have big farmhouses and it would make my life easier if I could plant the Atom in one place, without having to keep lifting it and moving it. Also, on paving, although it's on wheels, it's very poor to be able to pull along. 9 times out of 10 it falls over when you try to pull it gently.

So, has anybody managed to replace the hose with a longer one? Maybe one that is smooth inside (and not corrugated)?

Cheers

I've been clearing lots of gutters over this last few weeks and still have a load more jobs to do. A lot of my customers have big farmhouses and it would make my life easier if I could plant the Atom in one place, without having to keep lifting it and moving it. Also, on paving, although it's on wheels, it's very poor to be able to pull along. 9 times out of 10 it falls over when you try to pull it gently.

So, has anybody managed to replace the hose with a longer one? Maybe one that is smooth inside (and not corrugated)?

Cheers
you'd need to be careful as the vac is only a single motor machine and the predetermined length supplied as standard is the reason why it's that long.

You'd seriously reduce performance of the machine and have debris sat in the lowest part of the pipe because the motor wouldn't cope and be able to draw the debris into the machine in my opinion 

I cannot comment in the atom , but I have the interceptor and have a 12 meter hose  on that spinner clean said it would be fine they Evan supplied it when I bought the vac as 6 meters was never going to be long enough give them a ring and ask if you are unsure 

you'd need to be careful as the vac is only a single motor machine and the predetermined length supplied as standard is the reason why it's that long.

You'd seriously reduce performance of the machine and have debris sat in the lowest part of the pipe because the motor wouldn't cope and be able to draw the debris into the machine in my opinion 

I cannot comment in the atom , but I have the interceptor and have a 12 meter hose  on that spinner clean said it would be fine they Evan supplied it when I bought the vac as 6 meters was never going to be long enough give them a ring and ask if you are unsure 
Thanks, I'll give them a ring and see what they say.

I did think that it would probably affect performance, if I had a longer hose. Will report back ?

Back