Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiner clamps

Neil

Anyone think that the gardiner clamps are shocking these days? Been with gardiner for around 9 years now and I've just ordered a new hi mod boss pole from Bladeright as I'm fed up with gardiners now and I know a lot of others are the same 

Anyone think that the gardiner clamps are shocking these days? Been with gardiner for around 9 years now and I've just ordered a new hi mod boss pole from Bladeright as I'm fed up with gardiners now and I know a lot of others are the same 
I have said a few times the clamps aren't as good as they were, constantly having to tighten them to stop spinning. Wouldn't go quite as far as shocking but my next pole might well be different like you..  

don't the Phantom clamps fit gardiner 

I'm not seeing it but maybe it's because I remember the s**t we were working with years ago.

Those Delrin shims do compress a bit over time but they are a sacrificial item.

What’s the problem with them? Got 2 1yr old slx’s that are as good as the 5+ year old ones they replaced.

Can't say I've had any major issues with them.  Yes, I occasionally have to make an adjustment at the start of the day which seems to depend on atmospheric conditions on the day, but outside of that any adjustments that need to be made are few and can be done in a seconds.

Nyloc nuts, as used in the clamps on the Gardiner poles, can lose their grip over time and might need replacing but I've never needed to do it on any of my poles and I've been using them for years.

In all honesty though I can't compare them with other makes of poles because I've never felt the need to try any others since discovering Gardiners

What are your issues ???? we have 28 of there poles with no issues at all , clamps need adjusting occasionally but that’s it 

We have to tighten them 4 or 5 times a day. The first poles we had from them we tightened them less than that every week.
Strange don’t understand that at all when a pole is new it might need adjusting 2-3 times a week but that it , as I said earlier we have 28 of there poles in our vans ranging from clx,slx, extreames in  various sizes and a couple of ultimates only adjust them occasionally and that included the poles that we use 8 hours a day 5 days a week m Ime guessing that there must be a lot of dirt going up the pole causing ware to need that amount of adjustment 

We have to tighten them 4 or 5 times a day. The first poles we had from them we tightened them less than that every week.
Hi Part Timer

As Marko067 said these clamp lever sets have a nylock nut in them. If they are loosening off quickly within a day then these serviceable items can quickly be replaced and should cure your issue ?

Here is a link to the locking nuts - https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/gardiner-smart-clamp-locking-nut.html

Here is a video on how these lever sets are put together -

Last edited by a moderator:
16 minutes ago, Alex Gardiner said:

Hi Part Timer

As Marko067 said these clamp lever sets have a nylock nut in them. If they are loosening off quickly within a day then these serviceable items can quickly be replaced and should cure your issue ?

Here is a link to the locking nuts - https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/gardiner-smart-clamp-locking-nut.html

Here is a video on how these lever sets are put together -

Thanks for the advice, they have done it from day one though.

Yes used to love gardiner poles and Alex is great but the clamps need sorting or updating my new slx 25 got last time the clamp came loose within couple months sick of glueing and spinning. Although the poles themselves can't fault. 

Latest Posts

Back