Jump to content

what do you think of this backpack?


sascha

Recommended Posts

Looking at getting the gardiner backpack and the slx 25. The option reinforced flexible hose with fitted valve is that a fitted univalve? Also which jets do you recommend? Leaning towards the standard pencil jets. Thanks 

 

Link to post
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Ronstech

    8

  • Apw1210

    7

  • Part Timer

    4

  • ched999uk

    4

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got a couple of Gardiner's, one must be 6 years old, the newer one four years old. Still working fine, might try to find a replacement battery for the old one.

Personally wouldn't buy the water purifying equipment. Expensive to buy and run, as @Iron Giant advised, there is lots of info on here about the cheapest way to start up and the equipment you need.

Battery life isn't as good and charge time seems long. Ok if you're only using it occasionally but don't know about reliability and longevity.  

Posted Images

No it’s not a uni valve think it’s a quarter turn valve that you turn on and off , 2 mm pencil jets are a good starting point , however using a backpack 1.4 will use less water 

Link to post
7 minutes ago, sascha said:

Thanks for the replys, so it would be this fitted? Sorry I'm all new to this, been trad for 15 year lool. 

Screenshot_20201025-115257_Samsung Internet.jpg

You'd be better off having your backpack hose fitted with a Parker Rectus 21 quick release female fitting  and all your associated hoses and pole tubing with a male Rectus 21 fittings 

 

product_r_e_rectus-21-female-connector-with-hosetail346.jpg

rectus21-male6.jpg

Link to post
1 hour ago, Apw1210 said:

You'd be better off having your backpack hose fitted with a Parker Rectus 21 quick release female fitting  and all your associated hoses and pole tubing with a male Rectus 21 fittings 

 

product_r_e_rectus-21-female-connector-with-hosetail346.jpg

rectus21-male6.jpg

I think he also wanted a shut off of some sort 

Link to post
19 hours ago, sascha said:

Looking at getting the gardiner backpack and the slx 25. The option reinforced flexible hose with fitted valve is that a fitted univalve? Also which jets do you recommend? Leaning towards the standard pencil jets. Thanks 

 

Alex did say a long time back that he was including their version of the Quikloq on off trust valve as an additional option when buying a new pole at a slightly reduced cost.

I would check before ordering just to confirm that the valve for an extra £21 is the same valve they sell off the shelf for £27.

https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/quick-loqr-gooseneck-valve-twist-action.html

Please let us know.

Edited by spruce
Link to post
25 minutes ago, spruce said:

Alex did say a long time back that he was including their version of the Quikloq on off trust valve as an additional option when buying a new pole at a slightly reduced cost.

I would check before ordering just to confirm that the valve for an extra £21 is the same valve they sell off the shelf for £27.

https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/quick-loqr-gooseneck-valve-twist-action.html

Please let us know.

I can confirm this as I went through it a few a weeks ago. It can be selected when buying a new pole but the name is slightly different in the drop-down menu of which was confusing to me, but sales clarified that it's the same gooseneck valve.

Edited by Attila
Link to post
11 minutes ago, Attila said:

I can confirm this as I went through it a few a weeks ago. It can be selected when buying a new pole but the name is slightly different in the drop-down menu of which was confusing to me, but sales clarified that it's the same gooseneck valve.

Thanks. I thought it was.

 

Link to post

I have one going begging if anyone wants it.......it lasted less than a day with me and back to the univalve.

Not good especially if you rinse on like me.

Link to post
  • 3 weeks later...

someone recommended this to me. I know Gardner's backpack are highly recommended but I also saw many negative reviews about it. Their quality seems to be dropping recently. 

Screenshot_20201114-182350.png

Link to post

Battery life isn't as good and charge time seems long. Ok if you're only using it occasionally but don't know about reliability and longevity.  

Link to post
6 minutes ago, Amazin said:

someone recommended this to me. I know Gardner's backpack are highly recommended but I also saw many negative reviews about it. Their quality seems to be dropping recently. 

Screenshot_20201114-182350.png

Cheap rotomoulded what more can I say. The battery will most likely be flat as they mass produce them and they sit in a chinese warehouse for quite a while. Seen a few with cracked seams before that people have asked if they can be fixed.

Link to post
12 hours ago, Amazin said:

someone recommended this to me. I know Gardner's backpack are highly recommended but I also saw many negative reviews about it. Their quality seems to be dropping recently. 

Screenshot_20201114-182350.png

I use a Gardiner, has worked fine last couple of years and will replace with same if needed. Prefer to go with what I know and happy with rather than change for sake of change.

Link to post

Got a couple of Gardiner's, one must be 6 years old, the newer one four years old. Still working fine, might try to find a replacement battery for the old one.

Link to post
16 minutes ago, Becky D said:

Hi. Is anyone selling a window cleaning backpack please ? Thanks

Get a brand new Gardiner.

Ignore the bigboys and all the other Chinese knock offs 

Second hand isn't the option for backpacks, if they go squit when you're working you'll be up the creak without a pole 

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.