what do you think of this backpack?

sascha

Looking at getting the gardiner backpack and the slx 25. The option reinforced flexible hose with fitted valve is that a fitted univalve? Also which jets do you recommend? Leaning towards the standard pencil jets. Thanks 

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ronstech

• Apw1210

• Part Timer

• ched999uk

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got a couple of Gardiner's, one must be 6 years old, the newer one four years old. Still working fine, might try to find a replacement battery for the old one.

Personally wouldn't buy the water purifying equipment. Expensive to buy and run, as @Iron Giant advised, there is lots of info on here about the cheapest way to start up and the equipment you need.

Battery life isn't as good and charge time seems long. Ok if you're only using it occasionally but don't know about reliability and longevity.  

Posted Images

No it’s not a uni valve think it’s a quarter turn valve that you turn on and off , 2 mm pencil jets are a good starting point , however using a backpack 1.4 will use less water 

7 minutes ago, sascha said:

Thanks for the replys, so it would be this fitted? Sorry I'm all new to this, been trad for 15 year lool. 

Screenshot_20201025-115257_Samsung Internet.jpg

You'd be better off having your backpack hose fitted with a Parker Rectus 21 quick release female fitting  and all your associated hoses and pole tubing with a male Rectus 21 fittings 

product_r_e_rectus-21-female-connector-with-hosetail346.jpg

rectus21-male6.jpg

1 hour ago, Apw1210 said:

You'd be better off having your backpack hose fitted with a Parker Rectus 21 quick release female fitting  and all your associated hoses and pole tubing with a male Rectus 21 fittings 

product_r_e_rectus-21-female-connector-with-hosetail346.jpg

rectus21-male6.jpg

I think he also wanted a shut off of some sort 

19 hours ago, sascha said:

Looking at getting the gardiner backpack and the slx 25. The option reinforced flexible hose with fitted valve is that a fitted univalve? Also which jets do you recommend? Leaning towards the standard pencil jets. Thanks 

Alex did say a long time back that he was including their version of the Quikloq on off trust valve as an additional option when buying a new pole at a slightly reduced cost.

I would check before ordering just to confirm that the valve for an extra £21 is the same valve they sell off the shelf for £27.

https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/quick-loqr-gooseneck-valve-twist-action.html

Please let us know.

Edited by spruce
25 minutes ago, spruce said:

Alex did say a long time back that he was including their version of the Quikloq on off trust valve as an additional option when buying a new pole at a slightly reduced cost.

I would check before ordering just to confirm that the valve for an extra £21 is the same valve they sell off the shelf for £27.

https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/quick-loqr-gooseneck-valve-twist-action.html

Please let us know.

I can confirm this as I went through it a few a weeks ago. It can be selected when buying a new pole but the name is slightly different in the drop-down menu of which was confusing to me, but sales clarified that it's the same gooseneck valve.

Edited by Attila
11 minutes ago, Attila said:

I can confirm this as I went through it a few a weeks ago. It can be selected when buying a new pole but the name is slightly different in the drop-down menu of which was confusing to me, but sales clarified that it's the same gooseneck valve.

Thanks. I thought it was.

I have one going begging if anyone wants it.......it lasted less than a day with me and back to the univalve.

Not good especially if you rinse on like me.

• 3 weeks later...

someone recommended this to me. I know Gardner's backpack are highly recommended but I also saw many negative reviews about it. Their quality seems to be dropping recently. 

Screenshot_20201114-182350.png

Battery life isn't as good and charge time seems long. Ok if you're only using it occasionally but don't know about reliability and longevity.  

6 minutes ago, Amazin said:

someone recommended this to me. I know Gardner's backpack are highly recommended but I also saw many negative reviews about it. Their quality seems to be dropping recently. 

Cheap rotomoulded what more can I say. The battery will most likely be flat as they mass produce them and they sit in a chinese warehouse for quite a while. Seen a few with cracked seams before that people have asked if they can be fixed.

12 hours ago, Amazin said:

I use a Gardiner, has worked fine last couple of years and will replace with same if needed. Prefer to go with what I know and happy with rather than change for sake of change.

Got a couple of Gardiner's, one must be 6 years old, the newer one four years old. Still working fine, might try to find a replacement battery for the old one.

16 minutes ago, Becky D said:

Hi. Is anyone selling a window cleaning backpack please ? Thanks

Get a brand new Gardiner.

Ignore the bigboys and all the other Chinese knock offs 

Second hand isn't the option for backpacks, if they go squit when you're working you'll be up the creak without a pole