Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

what do you think of this backpack?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

sascha

Looking at getting the gardiner backpack and the slx 25. The option reinforced flexible hose with fitted valve is that a fitted univalve? Also which jets do you recommend? Leaning towards the standard pencil jets. Thanks 

No it’s not a uni valve think it’s a quarter turn valve that you turn on and off , 2 mm pencil jets are a good starting point , however using a backpack 1.4 will use less water 

Looking at getting the gardiner backpack and the slx 25. The option reinforced flexible hose with fitted valve is that a fitted univalve? Also which jets do you recommend? Leaning towards the standard pencil jets. Thanks 
Alex did say a long time back that he was including their version of the Quikloq on off trust valve as an additional option when buying a new pole at a slightly reduced cost.

I would check before ordering just to confirm that the valve for an extra £21 is the same valve they sell off the shelf for £27.

https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/quick-loqr-gooseneck-valve-twist-action.html

Please let us know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alex did say a long time back that he was including their version of the Quikloq on off trust valve as an additional option when buying a new pole at a slightly reduced cost.

I would check before ordering just to confirm that the valve for an extra £21 is the same valve they sell off the shelf for £27.

https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/quick-loqr-gooseneck-valve-twist-action.html

Please let us know.
I can confirm this as I went through it a few a weeks ago. It can be selected when buying a new pole but the name is slightly different in the drop-down menu of which was confusing to me, but sales clarified that it's the same gooseneck valve.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can confirm this as I went through it a few a weeks ago. It can be selected when buying a new pole but the name is slightly different in the drop-down menu of which was confusing to me, but sales clarified that it's the same gooseneck valve.
Thanks. I thought it was.

I have one going begging if anyone wants it.......it lasted less than a day with me and back to the univalve.

Not good especially if you rinse on like me.

someone recommended this to me. I know Gardner's backpack are highly recommended but I also saw many negative reviews about it. Their quality seems to be dropping recently. 

Screenshot_20201114-182350.png

someone recommended this to me. I know Gardner's backpack are highly recommended but I also saw many negative reviews about it. Their quality seems to be dropping recently. 

View attachment 22386
Cheap rotomoulded what more can I say. The battery will most likely be flat as they mass produce them and they sit in a chinese warehouse for quite a while. Seen a few with cracked seams before that people have asked if they can be fixed.

View attachment 22386
I use a Gardiner, has worked fine last couple of years and will replace with same if needed. Prefer to go with what I know and happy with rather than change for sake of change.

Hi. Is anyone selling a window cleaning backpack please ? Thanks
Get a brand new Gardiner.

Ignore the bigboys and all the other Chinese knock offs 

Second hand isn't the option for backpacks, if they go squit when you're working you'll be up the creak without a pole 

Hi I've recently bought a backpack and intend to use it on a trolley,I know it has a mode for variable flow rate but if i was to use it on full power mode and install an in line flow control so I  had it in hand it would work as intended? 

Back