Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Christmas tips!!

Dave B

Staff member
I'm 6 weekly so first day that work is due next after xmas.

2x£20 quid houses next door to each other and both given £20 tip each.

Loving it as 2 houses for £80.. 1 hr 15 minutes lol.

Anyone else getting tips yet?

Not received any tips yet despite some customers not being seen to until after Christmas now ?

But to be honest, I'm not expecting anything and a fair few of my customers regularly tip me throughout the year.

Not received any tips yet despite some customers not being seen to until after Christmas now ?

But to be honest, I'm not expecting anything and a fair few of my customers regularly tip me throughout the year.
I've had some of these customers since my son was born and he's nearly 21 now lol.

Tend to get lots of tips and booze.

If your customers are regularly tipping you throughout the year the chances are very high that your prices are too low.....

If your customers are regularly tipping you throughout the year the chances are very high that your prices are too low.....
Nope, my prices are a lot more than what they were paying previously ?  Double what they were paying before in most cases.

I have just  a handful of customer who I know I have undercharged - quite deliberately.

I don’t send any customers a card. Don’t want them feeling obliged to give me a card back and even worse feeling they have to put money in it. I do however buy a gift for one customer. She owns a posh cafe if that makes sense. She gives me a cuppa every week and a hot sausage roll for free. 

With the transition to online payments which accelerated this year due to the Coronavirus tips will be down I'm sure.

Nice surprise on Friday to get my first £8 and box of biscuits though.

Back