Limescale?? White spots

joely_bland

Hi 

I recently posted regarding this and had some suggestions it was limescale buildup. A customer of mine has a front window that seems to have a large area with white spots all over. Despite using some HG Limescale remover as well as numerous other things, it just refuses to come up. I’ve attached some photos but does anyone have anymore suggestions?

Thanks

999A3158-E0B2-4F1A-B0FF-670DCAC585E6.jpeg

48956C78-85D9-4517-B433-ECAAE4572043.jpeg

12 minutes ago, joely_bland said:

Hi 

I recently posted regarding this and had some suggestions it was limescale buildup. A customer of mine has a front window that seems to have a large area with white spots all over. Despite using some HG Limescale remover as well as numerous other things, it just refuses to come up. I’ve attached some photos but does anyone have anymore suggestions?

Thanks

Have you tried a soft non abrasive pad such as the DA Components bronze wool or Walnut pads? Also white vinegar will sometimes neutralise limescale 

Yeah the kilrock stuff is the best stuff I’ve used. If it is really heavy it may need multiple treatments to get it all off, sometimes a scraper. The worst affected windows I’ve seen are windows below overflow pipes where the build up has happened over years, in this case kilrock and a scraper is needed, and the window will need to be charged a lot more than normal.

On 16/11/2020 at 16:40, joely_bland said:

Hi 

Thanks

First of all have you felt it?? Is it definitely ON the glass and not in between the panes or inside??

18 minutes ago, Stevieboy said:

First of all have you felt it?? Is it definitely ON the glass and not in between the panes or inside??

Hi Steve. Yep I did check and the surface or the glass feels smooth but it definitely looks as if it’s on the pane. Perhaps it isn’t?? Is it possible for limescale to get inbetween?

Edited by joely_bland
1 hour ago, joely_bland said:

Hi Steve. Yep I did check and the surface or the glass feels smooth but it definitely looks as if it’s on the pane. Perhaps it isn’t?? Is it possible for limescale to get inbetween?

Not limescale on the inside but if the unit is breaking down you could certainly get a mottled effect on the inside. By the inside I mean it could be on the other side of that pain. Can you feel any roughness at all? You can feel things you can’t see. If you can’t feel anything on the glass then chances are it’s not on the outside. 

Some windows under K Rend walls get stains.

We have tried all the usual methods but still no luck asked at the supplier and was told you wont remove the stain.🤔