Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Power up 3D reel

Be aware that if you want to reverse the rotation of the reel - like Ashley did, then you need an additional fuse. The method they tell you to reverse rotation is swap battery wires. That's fine but their supplied fuse is then in -ve battery terminal. If you have a short +ve to the chassis of van there would be no fuse to protect cable and you could have a fire!!!

Be aware that if you want to reverse the rotation of the reel - like Ashley did, then you need an additional fuse. The method they tell you to reverse rotation is swap battery wires. That's fine but their supplied fuse is then in -ve battery terminal. If you have a short +ve to the chassis of van there would be no fuse to protect cable and you could have a fire!!!
Ashley turned his reel around. He didn’t relise it was a simple case of swapping wires. Good point about the fuse though. Although I imagine most people would use a stand alone battery not connected to the vans chassis electrically. 

I was going to get electrician to fit it but have decided just to get battery for it what size is best thanks 
Ah ok it all depends what else you are running off the same battery , I personally wouldn’t get anything less than 110 amp but that’s just me . 

Numax 12v 120 Ah XV35MF Deep cycle leisure battery.
None of the suppliers seem to have stocks of Numax batteries atm - the 105amp XV31MF.

Tanya haven't got stock of anything.

One supplier (Ebay - batteriesontheweb2011) wanted to replace the order with a class C battery.

I ordered a Numax battery on Tuesday from Alpha Batteries and they supplied a Lucas battery which comes from the same battery manufacturer.

If you see a Numax battery offered for sale by a supplier then you need to ask if its actually a Numax they are going to supply or just replace it with another brand they have in stock.

It really frustrates me when they advertise a product knowing they don't have it in stock. Its like WCW advertising an Axeon 4040 membrane but supplying a cheaper Spectrum membrane in its place. At least they tell you this on their web page, which the batteries guys aren't doing.

Back