Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Any camera reccomendation?

Bongofish

So 

I have my skyvac Atom coming tommorrow and wondering how I will actually know if a gutter has been cleaned throughly? 

Is there any cheap camera options to mount onto it or any other ways of checking that's not using a ladder ?

Look at budget 'action cams'  on Amazon like the SJ4000. It's not cheapest but has replaceable battery and comes with accessories that should enable you to attach to vac pole. You then use it's in built wifi and watch via your phone. It's much easier if you can find a mount to mount the phone on a pole.

Look at budget 'action cams'  on Amazon like the SJ4000. It's not cheapest but has replaceable battery and comes with accessories that should enable you to attach to vac pole. You then use it's in built wifi and watch via your phone. It's much easier if you can find a mount to mount the phone on a pole.
I had an actioncam and wouldn’t recommend it. One of the batteries blew up and app you use with it was prone to crashing as well as crashing my iPhone for a good ten minutes. This was with very minimal use. 

I had an actioncam and wouldn’t recommend it. One of the batteries blew up and app you use with it was prone to crashing as well as crashing my iPhone for a good ten minutes. This was with very minimal use. 
That's why I linked to a decent one. The SJcam is a decent brand and as long as you buy quality batteries they should be fine. Mine is about 4 years old now and it's fine, app great (I use Android) and on 3 rd battery. Never had an issue.

Action cams via wifi, well any camera via wifi will have a bit of latency in, the SJ4000 isn't bad at all, perfectly useable. Latency is the time difference between the camera seeing something and you viewing it on your phone.

GVS sell pole to phone mounts 

That's why I linked to a decent one. The SJcam is a decent brand and as long as you buy quality batteries they should be fine. Mine is about 4 years old now and it's fine, app great (I use Android) and on 3 rd battery. Never had an issue.

Action cams via wifi, well any camera via wifi will have a bit of latency in, the SJ4000 isn't bad at all, perfectly useable. Latency is the time difference between the camera seeing something and you viewing it on your phone.
It’s difficult to gauge as all the cheaper ones have a good reviews. But I’ll take a look at that one. Thanks ?

It’s difficult to gauge as all the cheaper ones have a good reviews. But I’ll take a look at that one. Thanks ?
If you want something Decent affordable and easily replaced when you drop it it's got to be the Qumox SJCam s4000 

If you want something Decent affordable and easily replaced when you drop it it's got to be the Qumox SJCam s4000 
These are fine if you only do a job every now and again and only one or two a day but no good if you're working all day on gutters as their battery life is to short.

Even the Spinaclean cam only lasts about 4 hours.

I bought a set very similar to the gutter vac systems one originally. The camera was naff, always disconnecting etc. I've since upgraded to a GoPro. Its much better but the battery life is still a bit suspect.

I bought a set very similar to the gutter vac systems one originally. The camera was naff, always disconnecting etc. I've since upgraded to a GoPro. Its much better but the battery life is still a bit suspect.
I've just bought a GoPro hero 9 about 2 months ago for my mountain biking....however not sure how much I want to mount a £400 camera on the sky vac? So I've ordered a £27 camera from Amazon that apparently connects to phone so you can see through it. How secure are your fittings to the gutter Vac and what fitting do you use to attach it? 

Thank You

I've just bought a GoPro hero 9 about 2 months ago for my mountain biking....however not sure how much I want to mount a £400 camera on the sky vac? So I've ordered a £27 camera from Amazon that apparently connects to phone so you can see through it. How secure are your fittings to the gutter Vac and what fitting do you use to attach it? 

Thank You
I have no use for it other than on the vac to be honest. It's in a protective case either way. To be fair I bought it at the end of the last financial year and wanted to buy some new kit and drop some profit. It was actually cheaper than buying a SkyVac camera kit or similar.

Wondering how you all attach your camera to the end of the gutter pole? 

I assume it has to be attached like this but not sure how to have it securely fastened on? 

IMG_20201119_140058.jpg

We covered this the other day.

ShiteBay or Amazon handlebar clamp mounts. As my good friend @ched999ukhas quoted the awesome array of mounts available from GVS 
Yeh just orderd a tube mount from Amazon for £9.99. hoping it fits ok , it says it's for 45-50mm and the pipe is 44mm so can't imagine it won't fit ?. Can always pad it out abit if it's a little loose . Thanks for the replay guys. 

Yeh just orderd a tube mount from Amazon for £9.99. hoping it fits ok , it says it's for 45-50mm and the pipe is 44mm so can't imagine it won't fit ?. Can always pad it out abit if it's a little loose . Thanks for the replay guys. 
I believe the 44mm is the O/D of the vac tubes but not the silicone / polyurethane angled flexi pipe 

Don't quote me on that though 

Latest Posts

Back